TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Re-Organizaing TPR's Front Page

What do you think of the re-organized TPR front page?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the re-organized TPR front page?

• I like it!
    • I like it, but I have suggestions (see my post below)
    • I like the old version better.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's good, but there should be a bigger space between the logo and the buttons (what's new, park photo's, etc.) at the top of the page IMO.

That part hasn't changed since 2004. It's EXACTLY the same as it was before. Just copied and pasted it to the new page!

--Robb

Nice! I definitely appreciate you making TPR more user friendly. It seems too busy though, but I'm not sure what’s making me see it as "too busy".

Anyways, I think I just need to get used to TPR’s facelift! It's change...and it's a good one.

It's good, but there should be a bigger space between the logo and the buttons (what's new, park photo's, etc.) at the top of the page IMO.

That part hasn't changed since 2004. It's EXACTLY the same as it was before. Just copied and pasted it to the new page!

--Robb

Seriously? Wow I really thought it was different

I think you could get away with merging the Official Updates and the Forum Updates sections, but that is just a thought. I like the new layout, but I think that the original use of one column for all updates was simple and effective.

I think you could get away with merging the Official Updates and the Forum Updates sections

Um...that's how it was before and was the exact reason for the change! There were too many "foum updates" and they cannibalized the "Official Updates."

Pay attention! Read the thread!

--Robb "Already went over this!" Alvey

^ Apologies there! I did read the thread in its entirety, but didn't believe that the forum updates "cannibalized" the official updates. I didn't see anything wrong with the former layout, but I guess I am one of the few... One of the nice things about the former layout was that it promoted the idea of membership on the site, but again, that was just something that I saw...

^ And this doesn't? I actually think this promotes it MORE because now you can see all the "member contributed" updates easier. In fact, there were three just today.

I also think since you come to the site very regularly, you'll see the updates on the top fairly regularly.

Looking at it from someone who comes to the site once a month, it's a LOT of scrolling to have to see everything. That was the biggest complaint I was getting.

Again, it's really not THAT much different.

The whole top part with the announcements stayed the same. And I just made two columns out of the more frequent updates instead of one.

And the "Special Features" always had it's seperate section, but it was buried at the bottom and no one ever saw it!

--Robb

^I do understand, and it seems this change has done what you intended it to do, so you most likely don't have any more necesscary changes left to be made. The scrolling was a small issue that I noticed on the previous version but I come here enough now to not miss too many updates.

Considering that this site's formula has been working for a long time, you obviously don't need to worry too much into these details, but I do think that this facelift is welcome!

^ The site history isn't either, just easier to see now!

Hence another reason why I think this new version will help people find updates better.

Thanks for the input everyone!

Seriously, I did go about 20 revisions on this based on all of your feedback and I do think the final version works REALLY well.

Couldn't have done it without all of you!

--Robb