TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coaster seat fit guides?

Ok so I have a question? I'm a big guy and love coasters! I was wondering, since I can ride B&M,Vekoma,Arrow and woodies with no problem, would I have any problems riding a Intiman coaster? Were planning a trip up to SFGadv in June since last yrs trip fell through and I really want to ride KK and ET....any advice or feedback please....thanks!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You will have more problems on Intamin than B&M.

However wether or not that's enough of a problem not to ride is hard to tell.

KK you'll have an easier time on, as the OSTR's from Intamin are easier for larger people then the t-bar restraints.

Not sure about El Toro. If it was Cedar Point I'd say it'd be iffy, but I don't know if El Toro is better or not.

KK you should have no problem....the OTSR's are very accommodating

ET on the other hand can be VERY tight for larger people.....if you have ever ridden an Intamin hyper it is on the same level as those in terms of size contraints. It really all depends on where your weight is, I've seen some good sized people (~250 lbs I would say) squeeze on but others who don't look as big sometimes can't ride. My dad tried to ride and he's about ~240lbs and his legs were too big for the lap bar to come down far enough. It's not just a matter of getting the lap bar over your legs, but the computer has sensors which tell it if the lap bar is not down far enough. Just try the test seat out front before you get in line, and I wish you the best of luck!

Other coasters at Gradv shouldn't be a problem!

I just been to 3 times as many parks as I went to last year and rode coasters wtih otsr without any issues. I am 6 foot 1 and weigh 260. I am not small by any means (especially around the gut). I was able to ride all the coasters at Busch without any problems. I wonder about cp, but I think if Busch was okay, I should be fine at CP.

I just been to 3 times as many parks as I went to last year and rode coasters wtih otsr without any issues. I am 6 foot 1 and weigh 260. I am not small by any means (especially around the gut). I was able to ride all the coasters at Busch without any problems. I wonder about cp, but I think if Busch was okay, I should be fine at CP.

See I'm 6ft. and weigh the same and the gut as well. I can ride all the rides at my home park SFOG and have no problems...so hopefully i'll be ok....thanks again guys.

I'm 6"4 and close to 200 and had no problem with Storm Runner.

The Intamin OSTRs give you just as much room, if not more then B&Ms.

That's good to hear they have just as much room, at the end of last season I was able to fit into a regular B&M invert seat but barely (the ops had to buckle it). Since then I have lost close to 20 pounds so I am sure that won't be an issue anymore but I was really concerned I might not be able to ride either KK or SR (not too optimistic about ET and possibly Nitro).

MF and TTD have the shortest belt's on any coaster, make sure you use the test seat before waiting in line. Like Carnage said, "You will have more problems on Intamin than B&M".

^As you can see I was about 255 @ 6''0 tall opening day taking up most of the seat.

I also had to suck in my gut a little for the sensor to go off, but I could breathe as some weren't so lucky. I also have skinny legs, which I think help out a lot fitting on Toro.

Any launched coaster with OTSR's shouldn't be a problem for anyone under 280 lbs. T bars forget about it.

MF and TTD have the shortest belt's on any coaster, make sure you use the test seat before waiting in line. Like Carnage said, "You will have more problems on Intamin than B&M".

Also the test seats aren't the same as the ride itself. Plus the belt lengths will differ from train to train, and seat to seat.

At CP it doesn't matter if the bar comes down all the way. Wether or not you can get the seat belt on is what determines if you ride or not. Plus it varies how much slack you need on the belt to ride.

Cedar Point is not freindly to larger people at all. It's a crap shoot to get on MF. (TTD is a bit better thanks to the slightly different T-bar).

I've seen many people kicked off MF that I would not consider large.

I also have skinny legs, which I think help out a lot fitting on Toro.

yeah, legs are probably the deciding factor for most people. The lab bar can usually go under the rider's stomach but if you have big legs then you might have trouble.

i'm not sure if it's just because of the OTSR's, but I remember hearing that when Deja Vu was originally installed they realized that riders with long arms could actually stretch and reach up to touch the track.....obviously not a safe thing to do.

Maybe the modifications they made to the ride have something to do with the maximum height requirement?