TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PTR: Busch Gardens Europe - Preview Day in the cold 3/17/07

griffon

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if any of you know this but, don't bother going to BGE for Griffon until the 25th of May. kinda disappointed it is so ready to open.... look at it... it screams "HEY I'M READY FOR PEOPLE NOW!"

sad day for all of us wanting to go on Griffon. I know that most of us were expecting the worse when it came to the date of public opening (it's not as bad as I thought it would be), but it's still sad to hear

^Maybe it can, maybe it can't. Yes, the track is finished, but who knows how much tweaking and testing needs to be done, along with the landscaping and theming? According to this morning's Daily Press, they're still waiting for the third train.

Time will tell. All I know is that I'm looking forward to May. And if something happens in April, we can all be pleasantly surprised.

Last year, I went to Busch Gardens Africa and rode the very awesome ride called "SheiKra" and I thought that ride kicked !!!

Now the Busch Gardens Europe is getting is very own dive coaster called Griffion, I won't have to travel very far to get my kicked again (in a good way, mind you)!!!

Busch Gardens Europed needed a coaster and what a beauty this one is. Instead of "Fearing the Four", now you must "Fear the Five"!!!

The date has been announced--May 25.

yes the whole world knows this. It's just a disappointment that it's opening this late, when in all rights it could open way earlier......

The whole world? I didn't know. Then again, I'm often out of the loop.

The date has been announced--May 25.

yes the whole world knows this. It's just a disappointment that it's opening this late, when in all rights it could open way earlier......

I don't know why you are disappointed. SheiKra opened around this time too (May 21st, 2005). Although, SheiKra was incomplete at its opening (unfinished theming and painting), I wouldn't expect the same from Griffon, it looks like this ride is going up faster than a rocket full of munchies.

^I think this might be due to the rather mild winter we had this year--not a lot of rain to slow up the work, so Griffon went up pretty quickly.

Just a thought.

Griffon looks just too damn similar to Sheikra that's all. I think if you have ridden sheikra, you've ridden griffon.

Seriously, these statements are really getting on my nerves. How in the world is Griffon similar to Sheikra when not only it is taller, but it also has one more inversion. The layouts of both of the rides are completely different. Not to mention the fact that Griffon is two rows wider and doesn't have a floor.