TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The NHL Discussion Thread

I actually think the Kings jerseys (sweaters, whatever you want to call it) are quite nice. I think they should do a throwback thing like the Flyers and Islanders did.

Wow, that game last night was exciting to say the least. Ovi got a wild lucky goal early, he shot the puck but it was deflected and going wide, but the goalie stuck his stick out as a reaction and hit it into his own net, poor Mason. My favorite part, other than the Caps winning 6-4, was when Erskine and Boulton were fighting and Erskine was just laughing the whole time, while beating the $h!t out of Boulton.

View from my seats. I was able to get a pair of tickets for $27.60! Not bad considering that it would have cost me $44.50 for each ticket on TicketMaster and that is before the fees!

That wouldn't have even got you standing room in Toronto.

Same with the Caps, I think the cheapest seats during the regular season are $125, and exceeding $150 during playoffs. If that didn't make it hard enough to get tickets, they sell out almost immediately. I haven't been to a game in years because of the prices.

Whomever made the schedule is ridiculous. The Penguins played the Flyers 3 times within the first month of the season, but from Oct. 30 to March 23, they only play each other once. Then in late March they play twice within 5 days. Really? Also, the Penguins have to wait until Dec. 23 to play the Caps for the first time, then they obviously play again a little over a week later in the Winter Classic. Couldn't they spread things around a bit more?

Whomever made the schedule is ridiculous. The Penguins played the Flyers 3 times within the first month of the season, but from Oct. 30 to March 23, they only play each other once. Then in late March they play twice within 5 days. Really? Also, the Penguins have to wait until Dec. 23 to play the Caps for the first time, then they obviously play again a little over a week later in the Winter Classic. Couldn't they spread things around a bit more?
Yeah the scheduleing is really bad this year the Isles had 10 of their first 15 on the road it was tough to say the least.

I know, I want us to kick your sorry @$$es sooner than that! Just messing with you man, but I agree the schedule is messed up. We've already played the Bruins 3 out of the 4 times we are supposed to play them this year. And wait till you hear how weird this is, We played at Buffalo one night, then the next night we were at home against Atlanta. Then Wednesday we were at home against Buffalo and tonight we are in Atlanta. It's like intertwined home-and-home series, who thought of that? Seriously.

Columbus has been playing really well lately. Easily the best they have in a long, long time. I like the energy they have on the ice, and how they can shake off bad nights and come out the next game and look completely refreshed. Plus, a West Coast Sweep (sorry Kings, sorry Ducks, sorry Sharks) - the first in team history - isn't anything to blow off. We generally play like crap on the West Coast, so to get three great wins in 4 nights is a huge boost to the team.

Congratulations Ottawa! Thank the refs and Toronto for your win.

Kings were robbed.

As a Ducks fan..... That's just hilarious! I can understand because you need indisputable evidence that it WAS a goal and with that replay there was still some doubt to it.

-Cookie

I love how the Penguins are playing right now. They are playing playoff hockey in November. Their play reminds me of the two Detroit teams they faced in the finals. They are just completely suffocating on defense. 1st in PK (have killed like 27 straight or something), and fluctuating between the top 1-5 in shots against and goals against per game. It took a little bit, but Michalek and Martin have finally gotten well accustomed with the system. I also can't wait until Staal returns.