TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The NHL Discussion Thread

Good to see the Flyers got back to some old school hockey yesterday. They still need to win the next 2 to even have a shot at the series since they choked game 2 away. If they stay physical and play their game they will be ok.

I used to think Crosby and Ovechkin were pretty even as far as how great they are. I'm leaning more towards Ovechkin now after seeing Crosby whining to the refs after every single bit of contact yesterday. Its hockey man, there is going to be hitting.

Wow, talk about a complete shift from game 3. The Flyers looked like a completely different team last night. It didn't help that Fleury was standing on his head on all night. The Flyers definitely had their oppurtunites.

We might be down 3-1, but at least we won't be facing Brodeur next game.

<----- Has a mind like a steel trap.....when gambling is involved. I can remember just about every bet I've ever placed, and every poker hand I've ever played, but did I forget to take the trash out this morning? You betcha.

Date, time and location of the last time you caught trip 8's....

Last night, twice, PokerStars. The first time I turned it, but was outdrawn by a weak flush. The second time was just before midnight, and it was a flopped set with the case 8 on 5th street. I play about 2,000 hands a night, so that scenario isn't all that uncommon.

EDIT: I scale back during the playoff games though. Can't watch and play at the same time.

Ok, I guess that was too easy.....

The last time you caught King's over Queen's with the King of Diamonds coming on the turn and the Queen of Spades coming on the river, after pushing all in before the flop with King-Queen suited, against two other opponents, one with pocket rockets, and the other with A-2 suited....... while watching a Bruins-Ducks game.

^ LOL. The scary part is that I was playing a live tourney last night, and a similar scenario almost played out.....minus the Ducks. I laid down KQ suited to a check raise post flop after I caught top two. He showed a set of aces, and I patted myself on the back for a good read. Left me short stacked though, and I couldn't recover after that.

As for hockey, four down, 12 to go. Go B's!!!

My geography teacher is a huge Habs fan, so I borrowed a broom from the janitor today, put a Bruins logo on it and taped it to said teacher's office door.

Dan "OK, he might be a Habs fan, but at 64 years he's still amazingly awesome" Smith

^ I can't imagine that will go over very well. Still funny though. I'm about to start rooting for the Bruins this year because quite honestly I don't think I have ever seen them make it out of the first round in my life. Unless the Caps decide to start playing with some intensity, but so far it doesn't look that way.