TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The NHL Discussion Thread

For me, it's easy with Crosby;

Pens jersey = I'll boo till I can't boo no more

Canada jersey = I'll cheer till I can't cheer no more

That being said, Anderson did a fantastic job shutting him down the other night. Fantastic last second win by the Sens. Looking forward to bring the series to 2-2 on Wednesday.

Can anyone remember a more poorly officiated playoffs?

The questionable delay of game for the Kings, the questionable interference calls on the Kings and disallowed Hawks goal, the disallowed Kings goal because the ref is stupid and lost sight of the puck when it was clearly still loose...it's ugly all around.

As a Kings fan, I am not using the refs as an excuse, since they've been badly outplayed lately, but man...can we please go a night without the refs being mentioned?

^ Not really. The Canucks lost in the 1st round the last 2 years and have only won 1 playoff game the last 2 seasons. Even though they went to the Finals 3 years ago, the 2 years before that they lost in the 2nd round. It's not like they've done anything in the playoffs on a consistent basis. With all of that talent they should be in the mix every year.

Silver lining of the lockout this year was another shot at the ticket lottery for the winter classic. This time my father and brother both got in, so I'll be going to the new years game between Toronto and Detroit.

This season might not be done yet, but I'm already looking forward to new years 2014.

• 2 weeks later...

Crosby deserved the Lindsay trophy, his numbers were stupid good before his jaw got broken. As nauseous as it makes me to say this, Crosby is definitely better than Ovi at this point. Still, if Ovi played a full 82 game season at the same pace he played the last 23 games, he would have had nearly 70 goals and around 120 points. But still, leading the league in goals and being 5th in points isn't too shabby when you get a brand new coach with a brand new system playing the wing he'd never played before. And when he got hot so did Backstrom, Green, Ribiero, Johansson, and Brouwer. Ovi is the heart and soul of the Caps organization, Holtby's the backbone. Next year is going to be so nasty with the new divisions, it'll be awesome.

Also, GO HAWKS! I started cheering for them back in '10 after the Caps got stunned and have cheered for them ever since. Still, my Caps are #1.

My name got selected in the ticket lottery for the Winter Classic this past weekend and I purchased my ticket packages last night. Best thing is that I already have a ticket through my step-dad so these were just icing on the cake.

$129 for the Winter Classic and $28 for the OHL Double Header (AHL game was sold out).

Already got a bunch of offers for them from friends.

Only thing that sucks is that because I entered the lottery through the Leafs, the tickets are in their sections.

^Those Leafs fans will eat you alive, Canadians

Have Fun!

GO BRUINS

A Caps fan rooting for the Bruins? WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!? I'd be rooting for the Hawks regardless of whoever from the East was in the final, unless it was the Caps.

Hahaha im moving there next year so i gotta root for them a bit! Still a Caps fan always a Caps fan

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426086

CALGARY -- The Calgary Flames say everything below row eight in the hockey team's home arena has been ruined by flooding.

Team president Ken King calls it a total loss -- dressing rooms, players' equipment, seats, boards and scoreboard electronics.

King says a player coming out on the ice right now would be completely submerged.

He wouldn't estimate what the repair cost will be, but he believes everything will be covered by insurance.

King says crews have a lot of work ahead of them to be ready for the upcoming season.

$129 for the Winter Classic and $28 for the OHL Double Header (AHL game was sold out).

I wonder how well attended the AHL game will be? I know it's pretty doubtful that I'm going to bother going down for the AHL game. Especially with it being two days before the winter classic.

I imagine the OHL double header will be less attended that the AHL game. I'll most likely be in Windsor-Detroit anyway, but I'll be damned if I'm going to sit outside for two full hockey games. I may go for one or part of one, but mostly for the novelty of it being at Comerica Park.