TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The NHL Discussion Thread

This is the Caps team I remember from when we were dead last in the league.

Yep. The first half of that game was just piss-poor on our part. Holtby shouldn't have let two of those four goals in at all. Where he was during that game, I have no clue.

While we're here - do other arenas around the country try to chant specific player names and whatnot to throw off the visiting team? It was getting annoying with the NY crowd chanting Holtby's name last night. I've never been to a Caps game where the fans even chanted against the visiting team unless someone in the crowd started chanting for them - and I've definitely never heard our fans singling out one player for two games straight.

Ovechkin is still 10x better at defense than Jeff Schultz. Check this out:

schultzsucks.png.9da74fa3994b9346e0047f5b5f001b94.png

Is it any coincidence that our hot streak started at pretty much the same time Schultz became a healthy scratch? It honestly would be better to just put a stationary pylon on the ice than have Schultz on, at least the pylon can't pass the puck to the other team.

Ovechkin is still 10x better at defense than Jeff Schultz. Check this out:

[attachment=0]schultzsucks.png[/attachment]

Is it any coincidence that our hot streak started at pretty much the same time Schultz became a healthy scratch? It honestly would be better to just put a stationary pylon on the ice than have Schultz on, at least the pylon can't pass the puck to the other team.

Jeff blows.

I don't understand why he's even still on our roster. It's almost impossible to comprehend that he was the +/- leader a few seasons ago.

He just doesnt fit into our d roster. If you look we have most offensive type d men except for Erskine(you need one hardcore guy on d) most of our d, greener, john, hillen, and even steve are good on offense(yes steve is a goon too). Jeff is just a tree on the ice. I bet they rid of him, although McPhee probably wont pull the trigger.

^ Oleksy's not a goon. He takes dumb penalties sometimes but he's not a goon at all. I hope we keep him for a while, he's really impressed me since he's been up here. Poti's another guy I don't really like. He's always hurt, and he isn't even that good when he's healthy. Those two can both go, free up some cap space for McRibs.

Yea i agree he isnt really a goon like Orr on TOR, but your right that he takes bad penalties, and he will fight.

Thats another thing as wel, we have not had a guy we send out to just fight!

And also, Tom Wilson was called up today from Hershey. So hopefully they let him play, he wil hit and fight for sure. What a beast in the O

Yea i agree he isnt really a goon like Orr on TOR, but your right that he takes bad penalties, and he will fight.

Thats another thing as wel, we have not had a guy we send out to just fight!

And also, Tom Wilson was called up today from Hershey. So hopefully they let him play, he wil hit and fight for sure. What a beast in the O

He was voted best checker in the OHL two years in a row, and when he's not playing hockey he's playing rugby. Talk about a tough MOFO.

Ottawa looked great in that series. They could go a long way. I wouldn't want to be the team that plays them next.

If the Kings/Ducks win tonight it will set up the long anticipated playoff series between the two teams. A lot of Kings fans are saying they don't want to play the Ducks but I think it'd be a great series.

Great win by the Kings.

Love Playoff Penner!

Also its great to see the local LA Media is pumped about a possible Kings vs Ducks playoff series.

Seriously, the only two teams in town that are in the playoffs, and this is how they treat them.

Fox11 is a joke.

It was a great win, but honestly, for the most part, the Kings got out played in that series. If it wasn't for the playoff experience they got last year (and of course Quick) I'm not so sure they win this series.

Thankfully from listening to the post-game interviews they know they didn't play well.

They are going to have to step it up vs the Ducks or the Sharks if they want to move on. Too many turnovers, too much time spent in the defensive zone. You can't count on Quick to bail you out every game.

Read this on a Kings FB page I belong to. A-hole fans, every team has some.

So an update from last night, for those of you who don't know. Some St. Louis fans were coming outta the Fig exit and got pissed and kicked over a 65 yr old ladies Bacon wrapped hot dog cart. About 5 Kings fans held down the guys, and the LAPD was there in seconds. Well, as I was walking out, the lady was on the curb crying..a bunch of us walked up and gave her some money for her lost hotdogs. Come to find out, she got about $98 dollars from Kings fans to make up for her lost product. I am glad were not a bunch of jackasses and that we are good people, makes me proud to be a Kings fan.

Now I want a vendor dog!!!

They are going to have to step it up vs the Ducks or the Sharks if they want to move on. Too many turnovers, too much time spent in the defensive zone. You can't count on Quick to bail you out every game.

That's how things were last season too...

^ True, but IMO the competition in the West is much better this year than it was last year. After the Kings beat the Casucks I don't think that St. Louis and Phoenix were really much for them. NJ for that matter as well. That said, I don't see any of the teams in the East being able to match up with the Kings physicality.