TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The NHL Discussion Thread

Really hoping the Caps can find a way to finish off the Rangers. With the Penguins already out and the Flyers knocking on death's door, I could rest easy with the Caps, Devils, Kings, and Coyotes fighting it out for the Cup.

Barry Melrose picked the Caps to go the the Stanley Cup Final. That means we will lose this series. Seriously, just about every team he picked in the first round lost, he's a jinx!

In all honesty I don't believe that, but this series is impossible to call right now. If we win tonight it will give us a MUCH greater chance to win the series.

I got into hockey in 1993 (when the Kings started practicing @ Iceoplex, and you could meet and mingle with the players after practice with no problem!)....hoping this run can surpass 1993!

Pretty much the same for me Joey. I think I got into a couple of years before that, but 1993 was the big year. Hoping we can take that last step this year!!!

No matter what happens this series, I will be happy that we did better than the Penguins. Not to mention we've done better than just about everybody thought we would. For a team that barely made the playoffs to beat the reigning Cup champions in the closest series in history and put up a decent fight against the #1 seed in the east is pretty good.

^Guess not. Still was a good game. Caps had lots of opportunities in the 2nd period.

Yeah, winning two game 7's on the road in one playoffs isn't easy. I'm happy with the run they had, though, especially considering they almost missed the playoffs altogether. After tonight, I'm officially on the Kings bandwagon.

^I post often on a Kings fan site and can tell you that NBC isn't the first network to use the wrong Kings logo. It's a running joke there because Jim Hill (believe he is still on CBS, I live in Dallas now so I'm not privy on LA news as much) has repeatedly used the logo for the Sacramento Kings during his broadcasts.