TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The NHL Discussion Thread

I'm glad Shanahan made an example here.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=393821

TORRES SUSPENDED 25 GAMES FOR LATE HIT TO HEAD ON HOSSA

The axe has fallen on Phoenix Coyotes forward Raffi Torres.

Torres was suspended 25 games for launching himself to deliver a late hit that sent Chicago's Marian Hossa to the hospital during Game 3 of the Coyotes-Blackhawks series on Tuesday night.

Should the 25 games not be served by the conclusion of the 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs, the remaining games of the suspension will carry over into next regular season. Torres will also be prohibited from playing in any preseason games until he has served this 25-game suspension (playoff and regular-season games).

The hit came at 11:42 of the first period in Game 3 after Hossa had passed the puck in the neutral zone.

More than half a second later, Torres launched himself and appeared to catch Hossa's head on the the hit.

Hossa was taken from the ice on a stretcher and released from hospital a couple hours later with "encouraging results," according to the Blackhawks. Hossa did not play in Game 4 and did not make the trip to Phoneix for Game 5 on Saturday either.

Torres has already served one game of the suspension - Game 4 of the series in Chicago on Thursday. He had one goal and an assist and averaged over 19 minutes of ice time for Phoenix in the first three games of the series.

Torres has a history of crossing the line with hits and had been previously suspended twice and fined once in the past 13 months alone.

GO KINGS! History was made, this is the worst loss that a Presidents trophy team has suffered in the first round! Previously it was the Sharks losing to the Ducks in six games.

Dean Lombardi's job is safe for at least another year.

I was wrong about Sutter, he is not Terry Murray 2.0. He completely out coached Vigneault. So glad he is coach now.

And Quick better win Vezina, he was phenomenal this series.

Bring on the Blues!

If RNH had played the full season, he'd probably be running away with the Calder, but as it is Landeskog is my pick. Malkin for Hart easy. Lundqvist for Vezina, but Quick has an outside chance. Probably Karlsson for Norris, but Weber has an outside shot. And I like Bergeron for the Selke, although Datsyuk always has a shot at it.

I was a bit surprised by some of the Boston fans reaction to Joel Wards winning goal for the Caps through racist Tweets and throwing sh%t on the ice last night. Not that I'm a fan of either team, but that was definitely an embarrassment for the Bruins and city of Boston.

Need someone remind them that they won the Cup a year ago? You'd think being a Boston fan they would know how hard it is to win back to back championships and accept it more gracefully than that.

Now Philly & NY fans I would pretty much expect that from, but not Boston fans!