TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The NHL Discussion Thread

The reaction by Hartnell proves that Cy Clark's antics work to perfection. For an elite talent like Hartnell to publicly mock a fan is completely elementary. When you make it known that you see any fan, or anti-fan in this case, they will milk it for all it’s worth and get the best, or worst, of you in any way, shape, or form they can.

^You won a very big game last night and the Sabres punched your ticket into the playoffs with a loss to the Flyers.

Despite the fact that we had a depleted defensive corps, there is still little excuse for fritting away a 1-0 lead going into the 3rd and not coming away with at least one point with the season on the line.

We wouldn't have made much noise in the playoffs anyway playing such poor defense while turning the puck over leading to odd man rushes and breakaways. I have to admit that even though I like Ryan Miller, he needs to make those saves & he just didn't come through. Killed us in the Toronto game on Saturday and killed us for good last night.

Better luck next year...

^ You guys fought until the very end which is why the unbiased part of me feels bad that you didn't make the playoffs. If the Caps and Sabres won and Florida lost their last 2 games we could have both been in the playoffs, and we might have even played each other. Best of luck to you guys next year, I really like the Sabres and want them to do good.

NHL needs a coaches challenge!

I've been saying that for a while. Especially when goals get washed out for incidental contact when there was clearly no contact at all. That has cost us several games over the last couple years.

The problem is that the people in the war room have made many questionable rulings themselves...

^ You guys fought until the very end which is why the unbiased part of me feels bad that you didn't make the playoffs. If the Caps and Sabres won and Florida lost their last 2 games we could have both been in the playoffs, and we might have even played each other. Best of luck to you guys next year, I really like the Sabres and want them to do good.

Thanks...I'm sure that we'll be back next year. There were some great surprises this year with the Foligno line (they fought till the bitter end), but the money we invested in Regehr and Erhoff on better defense turned out to bite us as they both didn't play particularly well - certainly they didn't justify the hefty contacts they were given. Same with Ville Leino.

I wouldn't be surprised to see more tweaking this offseason and we may even end up seeing some of the older veterans get shipped off into the sunset.

Best of luck to the Caps and the other teams that made it...just like the Sabres, it's now time for me to turn my attention away from hockey and towards golf!

It's sad that Columbus didn't even get the first overall pick for consolation prize of having a dreadful season.

And to add insult to injury they get bumped in a fairly weak draft year.

In previous years drafting 1st or 2nd would both produce an amazing prospect. This year not so much.

What a bunch of punk-@$$ goons the Penguins are. Crosby, "The leagues golden boy", was instigating with everyone possible, including jumping Hartnell from behind. Then Craig Adams jumps in, which is third man into an altercation, and then starts pulling Hartnell's hair like a high school girl. Schenn throws a hit, and yes he left his feet, but for Asham to come in and cross-check him in the throat, then punch him in the back of the head was the biggest pussy move I've ever seen. Then Neal throws probably the dirtiest hit thrown all year where he jumps to hit Couturier in the head with his elbow, injuring him, AND NO PENALTY!!! Then he throws another cheap shot less then a minute later to Giroux. The Penguins should have at least Asham and Neal suspended and Adams should be fined. There are no words that can describe my disgust towards the Penguins after this game. I hope the Flyers beat down the Penguins in every way possible next game. I wonder what that f***ing hypocrite Lemieux will say now to defend his team. He's built probably the dirtiest organization in the history in the league and I hate him in every sense of the word.

^Agreed. They look like wise a$$es trying to be all tough. The entire Penguins organization should be ashamed of themselves.No team should be run that way.

Darren "Dan Bylsma is a retard" K.