TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The NHL Discussion Thread

^the dude is Russian though, thats where he got the moves. And dang, that's not Lemieux/Gretzky like, its more on the level of Rob Hisey...

or...Linus Omark, although this one isnt as flashy by any means...

or...Valery Kamensky...

^ They have been a good team the last two seasons, but they faced the Wings both years. Sorry, but I really believe it's just a matter of time before the coyotes move elsewhere. They just aren't making any money.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm going to see Tim Thomas and the Stanley Cup tomorrow!!!

Well, my trip was somewhat of a success. Tim Thomas was already gone by the time I got there (had to wait for my roommate to get out of work!). We missed his speech, and obviously didn't get to see him, but I did get to see these, anyway. I was still super pumped!

I really wanted to get a photo of myself with the trophies, but the police were hurrying people right along. I barely had enough time to snap this photo with my phone, and one with my regular camera. Oh well. I guess I'll have another chance next year when the Red Wings bring the Stanley Cup back home.

586822157_StanleyCup.jpg.19f742a832c17de8e394855302c657cf.jpg

In order from left to right: The Conn Smythe Trophy, The Stanley Cup, and the Vezina Trophy.

^That's awesome!!! Seeing the Cup is always great, but personally I'd be more excited to meet Thomas. Playing goalie when growing up I watch them more than anybody on the ice and Thomas is one of my favorites. I'm going to say this right now, and I'm probably going to going to get hazed and horribly disappointed come the playoffs like the past two seasons, PHOENIX IS BRINGING THE CUP TO THE DESERT BABY!!!!

Oh and NHL 12, yes checking into the bench for the win as well haha

Will it never end....

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=374888

PREDATORS: FORMER NHLER BELAK FOUND DEAD IN TORONTO

Former NHLer Wade Belak has been found dead in Toronto, according to a Nashville Predators spokesman.

The cause of his death is as of yet undetermined.

The team released the following statement:

“The entire Nashville Predators organization and family is shocked and saddened by the sudden and untimely passing of Wade Belak. Wade was a beloved member of the organization, a terrific teammate and wonderful father and husband who will be greatly missed. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his wife Jennifer and children Andie and Alex. We offer our full support to them at this very difficult time.”

Belak played 15 games last season for the Predators, finishing with 18 penalty minutes and a minus-1 rating. He was placed on waivers by the club in February of this year. He retired shortly after clearing waivers unclaimed.

Former NHL tough guy Georges Laraque joined TSN Radio's Cybulski & Company shortly after the news of Belak's death broke and spoke about the pressures of being an enforcer on the ice.

"Now I think people will realize the tough job of playing in the NHL and the tough job of being a heavyweight," he said. "It takes a lot mentally. It's really hard."

He went on about the realities that come with punching your weight for a living in the NHL.

"When you retire after being a heavyweight for as many years as you played, most of those guys didn't make [much] money, so there's no options for them after," Laraque said. "So, after you have all this pressure of playing and fighting for a living, now you have to fight to live when life after hockey is over."

Many of Belak's former teammates took to Twitter to express their disbelief.

"Wade Belak was one of funniest dudes I had ever met. Just was with him earlier this summer. Can't believe it Thoughts and prayers to his fam," tweeted recent Preds teammate Blake Geoffrion.

Former Maple Leafs teammate Owen Nolan also expressed his shock via Twitter.

"I'm lost for words. Wade Belak RIP my friend," his tweet read.

The 35-year-old Belak spent parts of 14 seasons in the NHL with Nashville, Toronto, Florida, Calgary and Colorado. In 549 career games he scored eight goals and added 25 assists, while racking up 1263 penalty minutes.

He was originally drafted by the Quebec Nordiques in the first round, 12th overall, at the 1994 NHL Entry Draft.

Wade was always loved in Toronto. He had probably the best sense of humor in the NHL. RIP Wade.