TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Pirates 3 Trailer "World Premier"

My friend Sandy sent me an email about a week ago for a site on disney.com where you could register to win tickets to see the original "Pirates" movie, to be followed by the "World Premier" of the "Pirates of the Caribbean III-At World's End" trailer. We received notice today that we are registered for the showing Sunday at 4:00 at AMC theater. (Also, if you dress like a pirate, you get priority seating, so Sammi will be wearing her Halloween costume!!)

I'll be sure to post back here Sunday night to give you all the scoop!

Shari "Love that Captain Jack" Shoufler

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ Ha ha ...my friend Sandy and I joked today that despite all the "security measures" (more on that in a second) that the trailer would be on YouTube by tonight.....

Ok, so today was the big event, and since this is the first time I have ever been to something like this, I had no idea what to expect and was pretty excited.

We started our afternoon off with lunch at Dewey's Pizza, a great gourmet pizza chain here in Cincy that happens to have a location at Newport on the Levy, where the AMC theater is. Following lunch, Sammi, Sandy and I went up to the theater to check in. Although they were not checking people in yet, there was already several girls dressed as Captain Jack waiting in the "I dressed like a pirate" line. Sandy (who just ran out to a local craft and costume shop on Thursday and found an official PotC costume) and Sammi both dressed in pirate gear, so we got to go to that line, which entitled you to, among other things, "priority seating".

We stood for over an hour and at one point the staff from the event came along checking our ID's against the guest list. At this point they gave us a comemorative pass on a lanyard, a piratesonline.com baseball cap, PotC bandana and a really nice looking folder with comemorative game art work and a sample version of the new Pirates computer game. Pretty cool. They also announced that no one was permitted any cameras or cell phones, and bags would be checked before admission to the theater. Those of us with phone had to surrender them until the end of the showing. When they finally began letting people in to the theater, just before 4 o'clock, it had gotten pretty crowded with the "pirate" line on one end of the lobby and the "I didn't dress like a Pirate" line on the other.

Once everyone was seated, a local radio station's DJ hosted the costume contest. Sammi and Sandy both went up, and while they were not winners they did get sets of CD's of the "Pirates" theme music for participating. Finally... it was showtime. The film was preceeded by an on-screen introduction by Orlando Bloom, Geoffrey Rush and Jerry Bruckheimer. Following the credits they introduced the trailer and then they were on screen one last time to say that they would show it to us one more time.

So... as far as the trailer...Well, I can't say that it tells us a WHOLE lot, except that it becomes an epic battle where the world's pirates must join forces to fight off their nemesis (ie Norrington, Davy Jones). I can tell you that if the preview is any indication, this movie will be even more action packed an special effects laden than the first two. We left the theater planning to hit the midnight showing on 5/25 (although with an 8 year old, that is probably not going to happen!!)

For those of you who want to see the trailer, it will make it's TV debut (not in Russian) tomorrow night during "Dancing with the Stars"!!

Shari

... this movie will be even more action packed an special effects laden than the first two.

That's interesting. Since 2 and 3 were filmed at exactly the same time, so wouldn't the thirds effects pretty much be the same as the seconds?

That can't be. They film Pirates wehre i live. (The ocean scenes anyway) and i know that they were filming on the Black Pearl after the second movie came out.

They were scripting and casting the third movie before the second one was done filming. They may have started filming on the third one as well in that time, but I doubt they finished it all.

Anyways, I'm really excited about this one, hopefully me and my friend will make it to the midnight show!