TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point Questions

Besides Cedar Point, the area has a great local bar scene. If you like that sort of thing.

-The Old Dutch (Dutch Burgers $2.00 on Thursdays and yard beers)

-Any bar at Put-In-Bay; Frosty's, Mr Ed's, Beer Barrel Saloon, PIB Brewing Co etc.

-Big Island Yacht Club (.25 drafts one day of the week, I can't remember)

Damn... I miss that place.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh. My. God. I have a totally major problem in the midst now. My mom, is moving! And the worst part, is that she's taking me too! Just cause it's a little cold is no reason to deprive a teenage boy from his outer-atmospheric rollercoatsers! We're moving to San Deigo.... I know. So now I have to go to the dreaded Six Flags, or Knotts Berry! Damn this turn of events! I think I will kill myself now.

Oh... before I do... I forgot to mention that my moms not spending gas money to driv eme more than an hour to a park, so I am banished to the Metrolink. It's a two hour ride to Santa Clarita, plus actually getting to the park! Ahhh, what am I going to do? What am I going to do? I want my Millenium Force, I want my Top Thrill Dragster! No... rescue me. Rescue me from this horrible fate of failure and disappointment.

I got it, I'll but I season pass for Knotts and Six Flags, on the weekends for youth it's only about five dollars. So I'm cool. Uhhh, I'm just sad cause I wanted To ride Millenium Force. Anyway, I'll be making another one of these threads for both of the parks soon.

At least I'll have Goliath, Tatsu, Batman, Superman, X, Viper, Deja Vu, Xcelerator, Ghostrider, Montezoomas Revenge, Supreme Scream, Riddlers Revenge, Scream, Boomerang, Ninja, Silver Bullet, and Riptide.

Now that I think about... that's awsome, so I'm not so sad anymore.

I got it, I'll but I season pass for Knotts and Six Flags, on the weekends for youth it's only about five dollars. So I'm cool. Uhhh, I'm just sad cause I wanted To ride Millenium Force. Anyway, I'll be making another one of these threads for both of the parks soon.

At least I'll have Goliath, Tatsu, Batman, Superman, X, Viper, Deja Vu, Xcelerator, Ghostrider, Montezoomas Revenge, Supreme Scream, Riddlers Revenge, Scream, Boomerang, Ninja, Silver Bullet, and Riptide.

Now that I think about... that's awsome, so I'm not so sad anymore.

San Diego is a heck of a lot nicer place than anywhere in Ohio. You've also got Legoland and Disneyland close by. While those parks don't have big coasters (except for California Screamin'), they are still TONS of fun.

Universal Hollywood isn't much, but at least you've got a close enough Halloween Horror Nights now!

I'd love to live in San Diego! But, I don't want to live in a closet for 2 grand a month.

Ugh, no. I do not want to surf, and... on the Metrolink it's like a little over two hours, they said it on their site, I think you were referring to how long it would take if I was in a car. And yes I know that Knotts is only fifty two miles away, while is like a little over an hour with no traffic, if not under an hour. Anyways... I'm just trying to figure out is Knotts even worth buying a pass for along with Magic Mountain? Cause I only get a hundred dollars a month... and with minutes for my phone and saving for a Psp, things are going to get a little costly.

One more question... I heard that you can work at Cedar Point at fourteen years old... I was wondering if you could do the same for The Mountain, or Knotts. Anyone know?

while is like a little over an hour with no traffic, if not under an hour.

Good luck with that "no traffic" idea. You're talking about SoCal, which is a totally different world than Ohio as far as traffic conditions are concerned.

One more question... I heard that you can work at Cedar Point at fourteen years old... I was wondering if you could do the same for The Mountain, or Knotts. Anyone know?

If you live in San Diego, it doesn't make much sense to work at Magic Mountain, which is hours away. That could easily be a 3-hour drive, which would add up to a 6 hour daily commute!

Legoland would be your best bet if you're dead set on working at a park.

I have been visiting the Hotel Breakers for 2 years (this will be my third). Me and my girlfriend look forward to the Old Section of the hotel. The 1st year we stayed in the Twin Section, the Second in the Bon Air.

To me, it has history. It has personality. Sure its old, and yes, you may smell some mildew. If you can't handle it, pay the extra dough. For me, I can share one queen size room package in the old section for just a bit more than breakers express (same cost practically if you take into consideration parking) the decision is easy.

-Patrick

^^San Diego is fantastic. I'm from there, and I would take it over Ohio any day. There's plenty to do in SD, and the Mountain is pretty darned cool (trust me, you won't be thinking about MF or TTD when you're cresting the top of the first drop on X). Yeah, you're looking at a 3+ hour commute to Santa Clarita. You could make a whole weekend out of it. And, in a couple years, you'll be able to drive yourself there.

Oh yeah, if you are really dead set on working at an amusement park, you could always check out Belmont Park http://www.rcdb.com/qs.htm?quicksearch=belmont+park. It may not be much, but it's right in SD. Also, the Giant Dipper is a fun little woodie.

Wait, wait, wait. There's no commute involved for me. I am taking the Metrolink. I've ridden one before and the only thing they stop for is stations. So yes... it should only take an hour to get to Knotts. And it should probably only take about a little more than two hours to get to Magic Mountain. On the train. On the Metrolink.

Anyways, I decided I want to be a life gaurd cause they get paid more, plus their like teen royalty. And when you're vying for a carrier as a highly photographed socialite it would be good training for me to be regarded with higher standards than regular teenagers. But I digress....

I can't wait to go to the mountain, although I'll have to get up early to get there for the running of the bulls to X it'll be okay. Now all I have to do now is get my allowance....