TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NL- Spy Vs. Spy, Duel Schwarzkopf.

After a whipped up coaster for Weeweeslap's NLT1, I decided to start another coaster. I was thinking along the lines of RCT1's Diamond Heights duelers. So, here it is...and it's not a recreation, it's an inspiration. And everything's handmade so far. Name isn't decided yet.

5.jpg.c010aac5bf2fd810a80cecfb908e3fa6.jpg

Since I know some of you guys have vertical loop fetishes, I'll close with another Vertical Loop shot, showing the 1st collision point.

4.jpg.57b899bbfe4d0d66beb1028be28db17b.jpg

One of the final stretches, a black track will run paralell to this.

2.jpg.05710e08e6b3df2c1d43f1cfd76808e2.jpg

I like this shot for some reason...maybe because it has some vertical loopage.

1.jpg.752f08ec58dd87fa2d55ba7318619a48.jpg

Editor. Twisted mess of track.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^It only messes your track up if you give it the wrong track. If your track has an imperfection, AHG will magnify it. AHG was not made to "fix" your track in anyway, it heartlines off the assumption that you're giving it a good track. If it messes up your track, with a couple exception, it problems means your track could be better.

That being said the question is still not pointless. Just because you don't like having to put in enough work to have AHG work as intended doesn't mean everybody else minds it as well.

Also, there's not such thing as perfect banking with trains more than 1 across, and 1 car in length. You can have OPTIMAL banking for your train, but not perfect.

Why is it a pointless question?

Yes you can bank 'perfectly' with the AHG, but the AHG can take what you have, and make the banking transitions so much smoother. And if you know how to use it, you'll get perfect results everytime.

EDIT: Pah, beaten..

^It only messes your track up if you give it the wrong track. If your track has an imperfection, AHG will magnify it. AHG was not made to "fix" your track in anyway, it heartlines off the assumption that you're giving it a good track. If it messes up your track, with a couple exception, it problems means your track could be better.

That being said the question is still not pointless. Just because you don't like having to put in enough work to have AHG work as intended doesn't mean everybody else minds it as well.

Also, there's not such thing as perfect banking with trains more than 1 across, and 1 car in length. You can have OPTIMAL banking for your train, but not perfect.

AHG screws up perfect loops, AHG screws up almost any vertical track... magnified pumping is totally different story. And AHG does fix your track in the sense that it "fixes" laterals. And what I meant by perfect banking was banking with minimal laterals, if you know what your doing in the editor you can heartline almost as well as the AHG can. AHG doesn't say whether a track is enjoyable or not, so why ask?

AHG screws up perfect loops, AHG screws up almost any vertical track... magnified pumping is totally different story. And AHG does fix your track in the sense that it "fixes" laterals. And what I meant by perfect banking was banking with minimal laterals, if you know what your doing in the editor you can heartline almost as well as the AHG can. AHG doesn't say whether a track is enjoyable or not, so why ask?

Yes AHG screws up any perfectly vertical track (but set to anywhere between 89-89.9° and the problem is solved) but loops have no problem if you remember the radius will change after putting it through AHG & accomodating for any loss/gain in speed . This and this are both loops done first time in AHG with no problems whatsoever...

As for the final part, where is the harm in asking a question? Sure, you may not find it useful, but someone else might like to know if any tools were used (such as anti-tool people, who probably wouldnt download it if it was AHGd)

^I'd say that the anti-tool statement you gave is incorrect. I download tracks regardless of which method was used...yet when it comes to designing, I'm all for handmade. I'll probably have another update within the next few days...and please don't let this track become an arguement like my last track did...it's not posted on here for people to flame eachother, just for feedback on the ride.

EDIT: Here's an update...this time, PLEASE don't get into arguing over AHG...

7.jpg.50170565ffb044755ebf001181b04a96.jpg

Final Stretch, Black side goes under the lift and at times, a train is going up the lift as a train passes underneath creating an ultra headchopper effect.

5.jpg.9951609e08863aa256f394d2b24a9839.jpg

First Droppage!

6.jpg.92fcda729eb33962b45a94838eb8f930.jpg

Lifthill...the safest part of the ride :)

2.jpg.a53691d03133ab05b0ff0ccb5801c750.jpg

Collision point 2, over the lifts.

3.jpg.4654b394ed9627f8f96c9b3a130fc9f3.jpg

First collision point. This looks very RCT1 to a lot of us and brings back memories.

nice ride.... anyways EVERYONE WHO IS COMPLAINING ABOUT AHG AT LEAST COMPLAIN ABOUT IT IN A TOPIC ABOUT AHG OR AT LEAST A RIDE THAT USES AHG.... anyways since I already have the ride dont overuse the in game smoother because it makes parts that should be straight curve. Anyways if you got 3D skills add them or at least a cool cartexture (black one with a spider on the top with web and red eyes white with a fly trapped in a black web just my opinion) anyways keep going with your ride it looks awsome

Yes AHG screws up any perfectly vertical track (but set to anywhere between 89-89.9° and the problem is solved) but loops have no problem if you remember the radius will change after putting it through AHG & accomodating for any loss/gain in speed . This and this are both loops done first time in AHG with no problems whatsoever...

As for the final part, where is the harm in asking a question? Sure, you may not find it useful, but someone else might like to know if any tools were used (such as anti-tool people, who probably wouldnt download it if it was AHGd)

If I'm not mistaken, you probably had the top of the loop unbanked before you sent it through the program.

But ANYWAY, your ride is looking leaps and bounds better than your last one, especially seeings that your loops aren't flat on the top

^I'd say that the anti-tool statement you gave is incorrect. I download tracks regardless of which method was used...yet when it comes to designing, I'm all for handmade. I'll probably have another update within the next few days...and please don't let this track become an arguement like my last track did...it's not posted on here for people to flame eachother, just for feedback on the ride.

EDIT: Here's an update...this time, PLEASE don't get into arguing over AHG...

Just an FYI, I never said you were anti-tool, was just refering to anti-tool people.

Nice coaster though.

Strange. Ive never had the AHG ever screw up a loop, dive loop, immelman, or any element aside from a nearly perfectly vertical spike. In which case I made the spike 89.8 or something stupidly close and it worked great.

Weird. Must be the user and not the program.

Strange. Ive never had the AHG ever screw up a loop, dive loop, immelman, or any element aside from a nearly perfectly vertical spike. In which case I made the spike 89.8 or something stupidly close and it worked great.

Weird. Must be the user and not the program.

The AHG screws up loops if they have vertical sections. If you build your loops in Elementary, the tops are always inverse banked so that they end up the right way after you AHG them. Anyway though, we're crapping his thread

I agree with what BTF said, you should try to fit the "spy" words in the dips.