TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best Drop Ride!!!

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one may not be expected...

Thunderbolt - Cypress Gardens.

It's only 120 feet tall. So what, you ask? That's exactly what I thought as I walked up to it. But as I rode it, there was only one thing in my mind: HOLY $#!* Best airtime on any ride... ever.

^that one was ok. The one that got me by surprise was the one in Old Town

I really like ToT in DWD (or however it is called now) but the few last time I have been on have been a bit weak.

My favorites are Super Power Tower: SFOT, Scream: SFNE and the one at Cedar Point.

My favorite drop ride is by far Tower of Terror at Walt Disney World. Drop rides do not do much for me, once you get used to the feeling and know what to expect, they all seem about the same. I love Tower of Terror because it takes a fairly thrilling drop ride and adds much more to it. It is more just a drop, which makes it an awesome attraction.

for me, its extremely close between detonator at thorpe park and extremis at the London dungeons, its only 20ft but its so well themed and the build up is huge before you're hung! I think that the lapbars made it so scary!

I'll add a photo of us when I get back to my computer. (I'm on my iPhone at the moment)

^that one was ok. The one that got me by surprise was the one in Old Town

I really like ToT in DWD (or however it is called now) but the few last time I have been on have been a bit weak.

My favorites are Super Power Tower: SFOT, Scream: SFNE and the one at Cedar Point.

Ok, I'll try to make it to Old Town next time I try to head over to IOA. (Hopefully even Magical Midway, too. I definitely want to ride their Starflyer.)

Hurukan, easily.

Have you been there? LOL

I have not, but as far as looks go, this looks like one of the best. I would love to try this thing out.

I wonder if Robb or one of the crew could tell us what they think about Hurukan. I looked at his pick for the best drop ride and I have to say that it looks sweet too!

For me it's a bit difficult.

I like the Hurakan Condor and Tower Of Terror (DCA) because of the ride and it's great looks/theming.

But in Germany they also have some great droptowers on the fairs.

Yes, the worlds largest transportable droptower Power Tower II is 60 meters high and has a great shot-n-drop program.

I'm partial to Dr. Doom at Universal, Twilight Zone at WDW, Pittfall at Kennywood, Dominator at Dorney, and as someone mentioned, the Thunderbolt at Cypress Gardens is amazingly fun. I'm looking forward to riding Power Tower at CP and Blue Fall in Japan this year (I think it's on the Japan trip, not positive).

I'm kinda sorta afraid of heights, so the most frightened I've ever been was on the Las Vegas Stratosphere's Power Shot. I don't even like being in tall buildings so riding on a chair on thin little tower on the top of a tall building really makes my blood run cold.

che_mar_powershot.jpg.2b535bae4bcf8a466a8ae4e0a6cb06fc.jpg

Heartbeat...heartbeat...heartbeat...skip...heartbeat