TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best Drop Ride!!!

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who here from America has actually been on the Giant Drop?

135k/ph....

120 metres....

5.5 seconds of weightlessness

ten metres of brakes

gd3.thumb.jpg.e0fe769041d94db354036966df7f91db.jpg

Freeeeeeeefall

gd2.thumb.jpg.eb458ac97884f159963bf369f804af0f.jpg

This unfortunately shows about sixty metres of the tower :p

gd1.thumb.jpg.4bec6227a317d3281099dfade94d3fb6.jpg

This is from over five kilometres away

Im gonna vote for best drop ride as TOT at DCA (Im yet to ride the mgm version).

If it was best freefall I would say Giant Drop at Dreamworld for sure, it's awesome, hoever as an entire ride experience I just don't think you can top ToT.

An Slick we heard you like the first 3 times, no need to keep posting, don't turn Rob's great forums into drivel like you do ours please

Cheers

Clint Dulieu

I totally agree buddy.

I'd say maybe the time of say Space Probe at WLS, but a minute is way too long. But hey, its so funny to hear your friends totally psyche out.

"...OMG, I AM SOOO SCARED, I'M GONNA PEE MY PANTS..." derranged friend

"...shut up dude, I'm sure you won't stain your pants that bad.....oh, you just drunk a bottle of coke eh?..."

Ben "so bored" Roach.

The Giant Drop is slightly overrated (don't kill me oil slick or whatever you are called). Everyone who had been on it commented on how great it was but I though it was below average themed, which is a big part for me, and it was felt very like you were on a huge block of concrete.

I guess my love remains with TOT (Florida sorry).

I totally agree buddy.

I'd say maybe the time of say Space Probe at WLS, but a minute is way too long. But hey, its so funny to hear your friends totally psyche out.

"...OMG, I AM SOOO SCARED, I'M GONNA PEE MY PANTS..." derranged friend

"...shut up dude, I'm sure you won't stain your pants that bad.....oh, you just drunk a bottle of coke eh?..."

Ben "so bored" Roach.

Not everyone here is from Australia (cough me) and I have no idea what this strange, slightly wrong sounding, space probe is at 'WLS'... Please Explain.

Oh I am so sorry for the double posting. I will soon kill myself.

I know. Liam_S and I have had a lot of jokes over the years with the funny sounding "Space Probe".

Basically it was a first generation Ride Trade Giant Drop ride. It's sixty metres high and was the first in Australia (woohoo, considering its now closed ).

Basically from what I've heard it was very decent indeed, and the themeing back in its hay-day was above-par.

But I definitely agree with you maliboomer, Giant Drop is a fantastic ride, but there is literally no themeing. Plus, if you've seen the state of the Tower Of Terror themeing is in, you'd definitely walk out if your used to Disney standard themeing.

I think Dreamworld's problem is if they think the ride is good enough, it'll make up for the disgusting state that the ride is actually in. Oh well, someday they'll get off their backside.

Anyhoo, here are some photos of the now defunct probe.

Ben "remembers those two episodes where the alieans give Cartman an anal probe" Roach.

1807398351_SpaceProbe-RidersB003.thumb.jpg.f29c587db8c8a957762c6303fa71ac8c.jpg

Grrr....scary guys wanting to evacuate you from the anal probing alieans!!!!

Drop rides are the only rides that consitantly scare me (a good thing).

Been on CP's Power Tower, PKI's Drop Zone, PGA's Drop Zone, PCaro's Drop Zone, PKD's Drop Zone, SFGAM's Giant Drop, Dorney's Detonator, a couple of 1st gens, WLS's Space Probe (RIP) and they all had me in a bit of a panic...... but the one ride to rule them all was the aforementioned Giant Drop at Dreamworld - yikes! Perhaps it didn't help that that was the first big drop ride I went on and it scared me senseless!!

Dave.

Mailboomer, for more info on Wonderland Sydney, here are some handy sites: www.defunction.coastermaster.info , www.wonderlandhistory.com

Wonderland History.com is still under construction, and Defunction has Australia's Most WLS comprehensive Database in Australia yet. With ride descriptions and never before seen pictures.

This is Paul "Needs to finish Watermarking Images" Hollibone