TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Guilty Pleasures

Homer

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Japanese animes. Tenchi Muyo was awesome back in the day on Cartoon Network, and it had been a good 10 years since I had seen it. Then I saw some guys watching on a computer in school the other day and wondered if it was online. Now I'm re-addicted to it. Highschool of the Dead is pretty amazing too. Currently looking for more.

Childs animation movies

"Why do we have to grow up? I know more adults who have the children's approach to life. They're people who don't give a hang what the Joneses do. They are not afraid to be delighted with simple pleasures, and they have a degree of contentment with what life has brought - sometimes it isn't much, either."

Walt Disney

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Japanese animes. Tenchi Muyo was awesome back in the day on Cartoon Network, and it had been a good 10 years since I had seen it. Then I saw some guys watching on a computer in school the other day and wondered if it was online. Now I'm re-addicted to it. Highschool of the Dead is pretty amazing too. Currently looking for more.

This. HotD was pretty awesome, lol.

Right there with you. I was a big fan of Toonami back in the day, but recently I've been going on a binge. I think I've watched like 8 different series so far this year......

I'm also guilty of putting something on a loop for a while...I guess since I also enjoy video game soundtracks and since video game music typically loops it makes sense.

Yoyos used to be a guilty pleasure until I realized how many other adults (as well as others) buy 'em, play with 'em and collect 'em... I used to just yoyo behind closed doors/just in the house and one day decided just to break out of the shell and yoyo in public. So my new guilty pleasure from yoyoing publicly is finding/hearing the "GP comments" regarding yoyos...things like "Does that have a motor in it?" or "Is that a trick yoyo?" (as opposed to what may I ask?) etc.

^Amen!

I have to say that my biggest guilty pleasure are watching stupid movies that are aware they are stupid movies. Movies that have simple plots or ridiculous plots, but are easy to follow along. As long as the movies put together strong characters and actors who fit the role perfectly, then I can forgive just about anything wrong with the story or the effects. If the actors are having fun with it, chances are I'm having fun with it.

Movies like:

Snakes on a Plane

Final Destination

Tremors

Wanted

The Happening

Half of SYFY original movies

On the contrary, I really dislike stupid movies that try to pass themselves off as something more dramatic than they really are. The actors usually try way to hard, and attempts at meaningful dialogue usually sound good in ones head (or maybe a fanfic), but sound really stupid on the screen.

Movies like:

Just about anything from Michael Bay

10,000 B.C.

Battle: Los Angeles

The Last Airbender

The other half of SYFY original movies

^ I LOVE the Final Destination series. I literally just watched them all this week again. My favorite is the 5th one. It has the best plot and I LOVE how they tied in the first one to it at the end.

Some of my guilty pleasures:

1. The Saw series - LOVE them

2. The Paranormal Activity series - scare me EVERY time

3. Movies about exorcisms

4. Lots of the music I listen to

5. Welch's Fruit Fizz drinks

6. Beef Jerky

7. Singing really loud in car