TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Orphan Rocker Coaster at Scenic World

Damn, that was such an awesome element, I so enjoyed riding that part...okay, just kidding. So they've extended the railway down to the valley floor, that sounds interesting.

So the final conclusion: ACE are more likely to give up gravy than the chance of the Orphan Rocker opening. I love the 12 m/second stat, that's not much faster than someone sprinting.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe more people aren't commenting on the awesome name - Orphan Rocker?

Sounds like a name for a band that could have opened for Def Leppard or Thin Lizzy back in the 80's!

No Band, but a song with that name actually DOES exist:

I can't believe more people aren't commenting on the awesome name - Orphan Rocker?

Sounds like a name for a band that could have opened for Def Leppard or Thin Lizzy back in the 80's!

It's definitely a shame that best-named coaster in this country has always been SBNO.

Scenic World Blue Mountains Hey Benjamin, yes its all still in relatively good nick although but not to standard for operating publicly- no work has been done on it since the 80s.

February 4, 2013 at 2:37pm

This just about sums it up I reckon. 30 years without any attention, I suspect they just don't want to pay to remove it at this point.

Scenic World Blue Mountains Hey Benjamin, yes its all still in relatively good nick although but not to standard for operating publicly- no work has been done on it since the 80s.

February 4, 2013 at 2:37pm

This just about sums it up I reckon. 30 years without any attention, I suspect they just don't want to pay to remove it at this point.

That's particularly interesting, as supposedly work was done on it as late as the early 2000s. Seems like even the park itself doesn't know what has happened with the ride, which makes it even more interesting.

• 1 year later...

^It's anyone's guess, really. Deal could have been signed, or this could be nothing. It is interesting that Premier are exhibiting at a local convention (AALARA is held in Queensland), as I don't think they've built anything in Australia yet.

Does this mean something? Premier Ride's Facebook post

Maybe Premier is curious about the ride or someone at Scenic World contacted Premier Rides and they sent someone to check out Orphan Rocker and see if its salvageble.

Maybe they can turn it into some kind of climbing attraction? Guests walking on the modified track with cat walk would be a great attraction for forest adventure.

That's actually a good idea if it isn't salvageable as a coaster. Orphan Rocker lives on in a way.