TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Being Pregnant Is the Newest Fashion In London?

GMAN962

Apparently in London, it's become almost fashionable to get pregnant.

I saw this on Digg, and thought this should be shared.

I'm not sure if this is considered inappropriate for the boards, but I personally think it's about PG-13.

LONDON — The newest fashion among schoolgirls is getting knocked up, according to one pregnant 14-year-old whose four friends are also expecting.

British teen Kizzy Neal says she's been approached for advice from other pregnant girls her age ever since she conceived, reported London's Daily Mail.

"When my friends see my bump they say they wish they could have a baby, then three weeks later they're pregnant and don't know what to do," Neal said.

"It seems to be fashionable to get pregnant. ... Teenage girls think babies are cute, but they forget the physical side of being pregnant, then having to give up your own childhood to look after a baby," she told the paper.

Neal says she got pregnant the first time she had sex with her 13-year-old boyfriend.

Family campaigners say her comments show how current sex education policies leave teens with the "ridiculous but extremely worrying" idea that having a child is comparable to buying a new handbag.

Neal's comments come as figures show England and Wales have the highest rates of teenage pregnancies in Europe — with the biggest growth among girls under 16.

Original Article: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,254341,00.html

It's really amazing how many people are making decisions that are destroying their lives.

If you're not married, or anything- Don't do this....it's not worth it, and you'll probably end up regretting it.

Once again, I think it's ok for these boards, but if admins think it doesn't belong, I won't be offended.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine anyone WANTING to be pregnant!!!!! IT SUCKS!!!!

But, I would be careful with your comments about only married people having kids, I don't agree with that at all and I'm sure most people would agree.

Britain really seems to have a lot of problems with the teen pregnancy rates right now, there was another article that teens who are pregnant are smoking on purpose to have a 'low birth weight baby' to make labor easier!

^^Sorry, I don't know if you mean like, if someone was divorced or something that has kids. What I meant was something along the lines of, you've never been married, and you have an affair. Like similar to teen pregnancy, where you've never been married, but you have a child. If you have a kid from another marriage, that's fine.

Sorry for not being clear. I don't know if you knew what I was talking about, but what I said wasn't very clear.

-Mike

What ever happened to waiting until you're older to have a baby? I don't understand who at 14 years old would want a baby. You're still in school and your body is still developing. Her parents will probably end up taking care of the baby too.

Seriously, teenagers here are at it like bunnies. A couple of years ago my neighbouring village has the highest teen pregnancy rate in the UK (as a percentage, not actual numbers).

Most of them seem to want a baby because their friends have one. Ive seen the pattern so many times. One girl in a group of friends will fall pregnant (which these days should never happen unplanned unless your stupid and/or drunk) and within a year, all the others will also be pregnant. And of course its not them, but their parents who end up looking after the kid because they still want to have their social life every night.

I know thats a generalisation and isnt true for everyone, but the area where I grew up is like ned central. There is a large number of rather thick people here that would take on exactly that kind of attitude. I think alot of you are assuming these kids have some common sense. Alot of them dont.

Bytheway, if your wondering what a NED is, looky here....

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ned_(Scottish)

Here in Aussie, we have a single mother's pension and a $4000.00 baby bonus payable on birth (to encourage more people to have children), lots of dopey teenagers just have a baby to get the cash and the pension - they had to change it so that you can only get the $4000 in instalments if you are under 18. And it seems that the $4000 aint going into juniors college fund either, there has been a surge in plasma television sales.

This just goes along with my rant about society today. Things that are really dumb, like the sex and pregnancy thing, are getting more and more popular.

And if you think about it, this age will just drop and drop until people who are in the primary grades are doing it.

I'm sorry for bringing up music, but this is very true with teenagers today:

Rock music < hiphop/rap; Hiphop/rap < Pregnancy; Rock Music > Having a baby and not knowing what the heck to do with it.

I hope everything here made sense to you people... ^^;

Rock music < hiphop/rap; Hiphop/rap < Pregnancy; Rock Music > Having a baby and not knowing what the heck to do with it.

I'm not getting it.

Oh well! Just put a ">Buffalo" at the end of all of it and it should make more sense!

Anyway, this does support another theory:

The majority of breeding in this world is done by the stupidest of the people.

It's rather unfortunate.

-Jahan

I'm not getting it.

Oh well! Just put a ">Buffalo" at the end of all of it and it should make more sense!

Anyway, this does support another theory:

The majority of breeding in this world is done by the stupidest of the people.

It's rather unfortunate.

-Jahan

Can I get you pregnant? I'd make a good father.

Wow, and I thought American teens were stupid.

They are... just British teens are stupider.

Wow, there's people my age getting pregnant. Thats, sad. they'd be in University before there parents were even 40. Then, if they have a child when they are young, ther could be a 27 year old Grandmother. That's scary!

I'm sorry I have to moan but:

That's so typical of English society, no-one cares anymore.

I feel sorry for the parents, they have to help their daughters bring the kids up, the daughters have to drop out of school and not get a proper education.

All English laws should be 21, not 16 for sex, get married, smoke etc. No wonder the youth of today only look after themselves.

the sound said "just British teens are stupider", you got it in 1.

I bet the UK will become the dumping ground of Eastern Europe within 10 years time, I do not want to be a-round when that happens.

I'm moving house near Toverland in a few years time, such a better way of life in Holland, I can ride "Troy" the lovely GCI woodie all weekend