TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Grey's Anatomy

I used the search feature and surprisingly I didn't find any matches! So I figured i would make a topic on this awesome show! I have been watching since the pilot and I think this is one of the best medical dramas to come along in a long time. I have to mention House though because that is another great show. IMO Grey's blends the real world into the world inside of the hospital seamlessly. The acting of the cast adds to the show and to have everyone be on top of their game all of the time is extremely rare. So I am wondering how many other fans of the show are on here and what your opinions are for each new episode

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely love this show. I just got into it half way through the second season, and I've been hooked ever since. My favorite episode that I've seen would definately be the "Pink Mist" episode (speaking of which, you shouldn't tell someone with their hand holding a bomb that!)

Last nights' episode was pretty good, it definately wrapped up the past two. I did think that last weeks' was the best out of this three-part series of episodes, though.

Every time I hear Chasing Cars the Season 2 finale plays in my head, lol!

^ Same with me, I can't hear "How to Save a Life" without thinking of Grey's either. They always use the best music.

It is most definately my favorite show. I absolutely love it, and I go through withdrawal any time it goes into repeats. I still have all of this season's shows on the DVR, but I'm getting some pressure from the husband to delete them. He was actually rooting for Meredith to die. Yeah, right, like that was going to happen.

Last night was a good episode. I love Denny and his "moments" with Izzie almost made me cry. I totally saw the thing with Meredith's mother coming but it was still good.

No matter what my husband says, this is the best show on tv. I'm also looking forward to the spin-off. I know I'm in the minority, but I think it could totally work, and Taye Diggs is hot.

Near the end of the episode, with the Denny/Izzie moment, I could hear the waterworks between the two women of the house.

Never ceases to amaze. I especially liked how they broke away from the cookie-cutter doctor show into something more sci-fi, however brief it was. Well done!

I totally saw the thing with Meredith's mother coming but it was still good

I did too, but unlike a lot of the posts I read on their website (Shonda Rhimes and other writers have a great blog if you have never checked it out) I totally thought the idea of Meredith having a "rebirth" and making peace with her mother was great. (a lot of people think the show "Jumped the Shark" last night). Meredith is still going to be flawed, but at some point most mentally healthy people (especially one that is going to be a surgeon) makes peace with the issues in their life and moves on. I work for doctors and frankly, more of them are like Burke, Mark, Christina and Alex than George, Meredith and Izzy.

My eight year old (yeah, I let her watch it) and I are totally hooked! Last night, I was crying, squeezing the daylights out of a stuffed animal and generally whooping it up!

Shari

Haha! I have two favorite episodes, both from season two (which IMO, is going to be very tough to beat!). It's The End of the World (the bomb episode Part One) and the 3 hour season finale! Both had me on the edge of my seat!

I was very dissapointed in the first two parts of this three story arch they had going but they completely redeemed themselves in last night's episode.

I've tried to give this show a chance on several occasions...I just can't get into it.

Eh, from what I know about you, Elissa, I am not sure this would be "your kind" of show, but I agree with the other post, if you just started watching this season, or especially during this 3 episode arc, you are not going to have enough of the backstory to "get it". I think its a credit to Shonda Rhimes that these characters have deep personal histories that you have learned about over the 3 seasons. On so many tv dramas you might get some backstory on a particular character in one episode, just to make the point of the episode, but on Grey's certain themes for each character keep resurfacing.

Shari "Is there an new episode this week??" Shoufler

^ He means drama on the show, with Meredith's near death experience and all. The drama off screen between Isaiah Washington and TR Knight is soooo two weeks ago.

Even though I love this show, I can totally see why some people don't like it. Meredith can be super whiny, Izzie can be really snotty, the doctors are so full of themselves, and the who's sleeping with who story lines can get a bit awkward to follow. But to me, the fact that the characters are flawed is what makes me love to watch.[/i]