TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Verdict Of Tigger

Not Guilty!

(Courtesy of Mouseplanet.com)

Tigger will not be charged

As expected, prosecutors from the State Attorney's office will not file charges against Michael Fedelem in the alleged "Tigger assault" on Jerry Monaco, Jr. back in January. In the incident – which was caught on video – 14-year-old Monaco was reportedly pulling down on the cowl around the performer's neck, which would have cut off Fedelem's ability to breathe. From the recording, it appears that Fedelem is reaching around to push Monaco away and brushed against his face in the process.

We have not yet received a response from Disney to a query about Fedelem's employment status. In this editor's personal opinion, it is hoped that he will be reinstated with full back pay, as all he was doing was protecting himself without any assistance from his character attendant.

Link To Original Topic-: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32262&highlight=tigger

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we should go as far as to charge the kid with attempted murder. He was probably just horsing around, and didn't realize what he was doing to the guy in the suit.

Still, I'm glad Tigger got off, because i agree that it was a very weak looking "punch".

It's not attempted murder if he didn't go in with the intention of killing the guy. And throwing a cup of ice is technically assault, so 2 years may not have been far fetched depending on the damage done to the victim.

It'll be interesting to see what Disney does. I believe costumed characters at WDW are covered by AGVA, so the guy will have a powerful union backing him.

It's not attempted murder if he didn't go in with the intention of killing the guy. And throwing a cup of ice is technically assault, so 2 years may not have been far fetched depending on the damage done to the victim.

Yes but then it is legal to make a citizens arrest if you suspect someone is about to commit a crime. Hey cool, i can jail my enemies for suspecting them of cucking Ice at me! Ha HA!

But anyway, i'd rather Jerry Monaco Jr got in trouble then his parents. Its not there fault they want to earn money for suing somebody for no reason, there only human! Besides, i didn't think they actually went through with the sueing in the end.