TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What kind of phone do you have?

ECZenith

I used Window 'smart' phones for 5+ years, but it was a major pain to do anything but send email. Texting was a chore so I finally gave up after Windows Mobile 6 and switched to an Android. I liked my Samsung but battery life sucked. We'd be at an amusement park and I'd use my phone half as much as my wife and go through 2 batteries in a day. She'd still be at 30-40% on her iPhone at the end of the day. I finally caved in and now have an iPhone 5. Operationally it's not much different than a droid but I use my phone a lot and often go 2 days without charging. Since I'm on call 24/7/365 the battery life alone will keep me using an iPhone into the near future.

My 7" tablet is a Nexus 7 and I love it. I waited a couple of years for the iPad Mini but they want too much for it in my opinion so I pocketed the $130+ savings.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Nokia Lumia 520. Its a value smart phone but does everything i need it to. I have a go phone account so i don't have to pay for data which is nice since data is crazy expensive and WiFi is basically everywhere. The camera is 5 megapixels so it isn't great but it isn't terrible. Its a windows phone and since I'm used to Apple products it was different, but it got easier to use the more i use it. I'm happy with my phone so i guess that's what matters.

iPhone 5S here. Had it since the week it was released. Much lighter than the 4S and very happy with it. I just wish iOS was a little more flexible at certain points (don't want to jailbreak) as I am not an Android fan. Saying that I am not a die hard Apple fan either. I just like iOS but would like it a slight bit more ... erm open.

• 1 month later...

So... my mum decided she really liked my Nokia Lumia 1020 and brought it off me. So I brought a Samsung Galaxy SIII (4G LTE version with 2GB RAM instead of 1GB)

I know it's an older model phone to be buying brand new but when it outperforms phones that are being released right now... it's a very good phone. I did love my iPhone 5 though, but the screen really was just a bit too small for my liking. If they had at 4.5 inch screen or something i'd maybe consider switching back.

Just upgraded to the Space Grey iPhone 5S from this mint condition iPhone 4S!

It's been weird adjusting to the new screen size and fingerprint scanner (sometimes I forget I have it), and LTE is 10x faster than 3G. I was blown away by how fast I was browsing the TPR forums on LTE when I first got the phone.

image.thumb.jpg.d5064219cfbcaa02c9dd7a878c170571.jpg

Iron Shark wallpaper taken by me.

I currently have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, paired with the Samsung Galaxy Gear. This is my first phone that isn't an iPhone since the first iPhone was released. It's been really hard to adjust too for me. However the Galaxy Gear is very handy. I plan to keep this phone for at least another 6-8 months. (Which is a long time in phone world for me.)

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nokia Lumia 1020, honestly one of the best phones I've ever owned. Windows Phone 8.1 is by far the smoothest, cleanest and least battery draining of all the OS's. And the 41 MP camera (7728 x 5368 pixels) is always a plus ... The downsides are -

1. Because the camera is so bulky the phone has an awkward mound on the back and the phone won't lie flat

2. It's a bit expensive and difficult to fix if you crack the screen (Fortunately Nokia (Microsoft) is amazing with repairs and will often just fix it for you)

Recently managed to get an invite for, and purchase a 64GB OnePlus One.

Slightly off-putting company activity aside, this phone is spectacular. It's big (5.5" screen), fast, beautiful, and a HUGE upgrade from my iPhone 4S. It's just a shame the vibration on my particular device is borked, so I'm in talks with customer service to hopefully ship out a new one soon.

• 1 month later...