TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Seizures+RIdes

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got into a car accident during the fall. I am still partially recovering from amnesia and got seizures from time to time.I do not have a heart condition but, should I stay off of thrill rides or is it nothing to worry about? I don't remember seeing a warning sign about that.

Stay off coasters and honestly most rides until you speak to a doctor.

Any ride with a flashing light (Yes camera strobes included) can trigger seizures depending on your condition. And stay away from dark rides!! Most coasters now seem to warn that have camera equipment on the ride but I have also seen many that do not.

Take care, get better, ask your doc.

Cheers!

I've had one seizure (5 years ago) and the doctors said, the longer you go without one, the less chance you have of having another one. They said to wait nine months after the seizure before I could go back to riding and things like that. I'd wait. But I only had one, and they couldn't determine why, so it's a toss-up.

Amnesia? Whoa.

Anyways, just be cautious. Stay away from haunted houses, for one. I rode this one at our fair and a strobe went off and I swear I nearly had a seizure. Talk to your doctor, also, and ask people about rides before riding them; they might be able to tell you what to expect.

But defenitely talk to your doctor. If he says not to ride rides, listen to him.