TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hershey Hawaii [RCT3]

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update

Year 47

Sorry for the lack of updates lately! Work has been brutal!

The season is well underway, but attendance levels have been at an all-time low so far.

Next season expect to see lower prices and more advertisments on your t.v. set.

The crowds seemed decent today.

Would've been a perfect shot if that speaker wasn't in the way!

They really stretched it out!

Still one forceful ride!

The new restaurant has been extremely successful, especially around breakfast time when most people are entering the park.

I forget about Twizzler Turnover all the time... it's still there!

More soon!

Update

Year 47

Here's a cool shot of Zhambi Sidewinder it looks really tall here for some reason.

FlyUira's entrance plaza is complete.

I guess they didn't transform the gift shop... It still has alot of FlyUira apparel, though.

I like the park's current skyline. It's probably the best its looked since the initial Hershey days.

Through the trees!

Delusion is a scary ride...

It looks cool from every angle.

That is a steep hill!

The twisted section of Excavation as seen from above.

TRAGEDY STRUCK THE PARK AS I WAS LEAVING!

A vandal poured oil over Phoenix's exit stairs... and you can see what the result was.

Three died on the scene, one died later that evening and 4 are still in the hospital. I'll be sure to update you on this horrible act of violence and what is being done to find the person who did this.

More soon.

If you have any questions be sure to ask!

Click here to download the newest version of No Limits that features a mine train track!

I will be judging the rides based on

(a) Closeness to the real ride

(b) Ride quality (especially on No Limits)

© Terrain (will be more-leniant with No Limits)

The winners should be announced sometime during the first week of January.

Here are some shots of the ride to help you out with the recreation!

I'm sure there's more throughout the thread.

Regular updates will return this weekend.

And... GO!

Update

Year 47

Phoenix is still operating, but guests now exit through the queue (which is getting old!) as the investigation is still continuing on the exit ramp.

Police are sure they got the right guy... Hernando Martinez was arrested on Wednesday and is in jail without bond. I still expect to see a lawsuit from the victims' families.

In other news, the park is gearing up for its 48th season!

[FROM LAST WEEK] Grande Bay is being extended for the new attraction.

Today the extension was complete and looks really good!

Expect to see more improvements to the other side of Grande Bay Boardwalk as well.

Surf! has been experiencing excessive downtime recently, I look for it to be refurbished over the upcoming off-season.

FlyUira has been a hit and attendance has sky-rocketed during the second-half of the year.

The longest (continuously) standing coaster at the park, Tantalus!

See you in a few weeks for the park's 48th season!

More soon.

MOTIVE IN HAWAIIAN ESCAPE MURDERS

HONOLULU - A possible motive in the tragedy that took place at Hershey's Hawaiian Escape last week has been released to the public.

Through hours of questioning and interrogation, police believe the reason Hernando Martinez poured oil over the exit stairs of a ride at the park was due to him not being allowed to ride due to his size.

"We believe he was angry at the ride operators and patrons that were riding the ride," said a Honolulu police spokeswoman, "he was a season pass holder and had been to the park several times throughout this year."

Guests report seeing Martinez enter into a verbal fight with a ride operator before storming off of the ride platform. Hershey believes he left the park and then returned later that day with the oil.

The ride is located in the back corner of the park, where during late-afternoon hours can become less-crowded as guests are at the waterpark.

Martinez' family was not availible for comment.

The ride has since reopened but guests are being re-routed down the queue line. The ramp where the act took place is still roped off and is undergoing investigation. Meanwhile, the park has added special "grips" on all stairs in the park.

"We focus the utmost attention to our guests here at Hershey," said a spokesman yesterday, "this terribly unfortunate event has forced us to re-evaluate our safety and security."

The park could be facing up to 5 different lawsuits from the victims' families.

"We are working with the familes to see if there is anything that we can do to help with the process."

Update

Year 48 Announcement

HERSHEY ANNOUNCES YEAR 48 ADDITIONS

HERSHEY HAWAII - Prepare to take a tour of Grande Bay this year at Hershey as the park unveils a boat tour attraction for the bay. Guests will board tour boats and take a short trip across the bay to the other station. Guests will be entertained with hilarious tour guides who will surely let you in on some park secrets.

Grande Bay Boardwalk, presented by Taco Bell, will continue to see various improvements this upcoming season.

Season passes are on sale now.

Since I'm an "Elite Passholder", I got some inside information on the park's upcoming 50th anniversary celebration. Here's a rundown on some of the events:

- The celebration will last for three seasons, starting with a "pre-bash" during the Year 49 season. The rest will take place of the Year 50 and 51 seasons.

- The park will be adding a major attraction during all three of these years

- There will be a nightly firework show during peak weeks of operation.

- Expect to see ALOT of new signage throughout the park with the following theme:

The theme of Hershey's Hawaiian Escape's 50th Anniversary Celebration.

They also included this promo shot.

More soon.