TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Chuck's Super Fantastic "First Time Visit" to WDW

Great TR! I am still bitter you didn't go on Killamanjaro Safaris! Gives you something to do next time though..

I know, I know! Sorry Reed! But just think of it this way...this trip was just an appetizer! I will be back for the main course soon! Food analogies...work well for me!

chuck "fatty" garcia

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're making me regret not going to Disney for Spring Break. If only I could eat at Disney for a reasonable price or if the Royal Caribbean cruise I'll be going on wasn't significantly cheaper than I'd be going to WDW. Great TR, can't wait to see more.

This is my "I can't argue with GOOD tower!" face.

You better watch out Chuck. Pretty soon you will start thinking the staff is better there as well!

TJ "No one beats Chuck" MacLennnan

HAHAHAHA! I support Cast Members all over the world! Equal Opportunity!

Nice report's Chuck, loving your "first timer" pics...

I've been riding coasters for over 20 years (yes I'm that old) and I've STILL not done Disney Florida !! I'm so excited to see your pics.. I'll probably do more than just pee my pants when I first get to visit !! Maybe thats too much info !!!

Truth be told , I have never been to WDW . But i hope to go someday. I really liked it from a newcomers point of veiw as well. I thought seeing Mary poppins horse was cool ! That movie was one of my all time favorites when I was 6 or 7 but I am glad you are having a good time.

>> Jake

Still waiting for Cinderella to date me

One word....

FABULOUS!

Gee....Schucks! Thanks for speaking in "gay" terms, it helps me understand your point!

I've been riding coasters for over 20 years (yes I'm that old) and I've STILL not done Disney Florida !! I'm so excited to see your pics.. I'll probably do more than just pee my pants when I first get to visit !! Maybe thats too much info !!!

HAHAHAHA! Maybe a little too much info...but its Disney...I'll let it slide! You HAVE to get out to WDW!

Coolest TR this month. Who needs Robb anyway?

You're kidding right!? Well thanks, I just like to have fun...even though I look like spaz! And at the risk of sounding like a fanboy, I heart Robb and Elissa! They are my heroes! = embarassed chuck!

One word....

FABULOUS!

Gee....Schucks! Thanks for speaking in "gay" terms, it helps me understand your point!

HAHAHAHA! Maybe a little too much info...but its Disney...I'll let it slide! You HAVE to get out to WDW!

Oh I intend to go as soon as possible Chuck..

So as a fully fledged member of the erm.... "Family" is it compulsary to go see the Mary Poppin's horse ?

One word....

FABULOUS!

Oh I intend to go as soon as possible Chuck..

So as a fully fledged member of the erm.... "Family" is it compulsary to go see the Mary Poppin's horse ?

HAHAHA! Seriously, It was totally by accident! The queue was empty (The Great Movie Ride) and if I hadn't caught it out of the corner of my eye, I would have walked right passed it!

Hi Chuck--

I'm really enjoying your trip report and your enthusiasm for WDW. I recently (in mid-October 2006) had my first proper visit to WDW. (Background: As part of a school trip for a choir competition in 1996, we spent some time at the Magic Kingdom, but it wasn't enough time to do nearly what I wanted to do. We went to MGM as well, but solely for the competition's awards ceremony, which was held in the Indiana Jones theater. No rides. ). I had been planning it out in my head for ten years, and when it finally happened, it was more fantastic than I could have imagined. I felt like a kid again.

I'm also glad to see that you took the time to visit "Walt Disney: One Man's Dream." My mom and I spent a good amount of time in there. I thought it was very well done.

I look forward to seeing more.

Okay, Okay!

Now that I have thoroughly embarassed myself, it is time to see how much more spaz-i-ness I can uncover, by submitting the final installment from my trip!

After Ohana...Danny and I retired back to the Old Key West Resort to catch the season premiere of LOST! (NARF, we are such Dorks!) This show is like CRACK to me! I really can't explain it! In the end I am totally addicted!

The night passed quickly, and the morning arrived too soon. Even though we had a tough time getting up at 6 am, we were determined to make it to Early Entry at the Magic Kingdom. There was just no stopping us now! Any tiredness that I felt would soon melt away the moment we walked through the gate!

The morning started off with a 15 minute bus ride, still kind of sleepy!

This is what we looked like! BLECH!

These "pixie-wing" things are all over the Florida and California Resorts, so like a NERD, I took a picture in front of them! These wings were right in front of the boat docks! BTW...I love that you can catch a boat to the Magic Kingdom. That is quite ''dreamy'' to me!

Secretly I still can't believe I am here!

After taking several pictures in front of the Main Street Train Station we walked through the RIGHT-side tunnel, something I never do at DL, and entered Town Square.

The air was misty and moist, which made everything seem very surreal! I really can't describe the feeling, but it was as if we entered some kind of Alternate Disney Universe. There was something familiar about it all, but it was different, and even though I have never set foot in the park, I knew where every restroom was. SOOOO WEIRD!

In the great words of Joey Lawrence, "WHOA!"

Have I been here before? Getting Goosebumps!

Everything is soooo big!

Speaking of BIG! I have been looking forward to walking down Main Street U.S.A., and spotting the "gigantic", "humongous", and "ginormous" Cinderella Castle. But to my surprise...this is what I saw...

My inner Scarlett Jo'Cinderella was weeping! Is the Castle on vacation too?! Leave it to me to find the one thing that would block Cinderella Castle!

Wait Wait...Don't tell me...I think I see!

Oh, THERE you are Castle!

Hey Walt, YO Mickey!

Thanks for everything!

And with that I bent over to pick up my jaw, cleaned up the drool on my shirt, and made a hard 90 degree right turn to walk into the land of Tomorrow!

I think I like misty Magic Kingdom!

Nice theming!

Things to look forward to for my next visit! No time to waste, we are on a mission to SPACE!

We decided to get a Fastpass, and then wait in the 5 minute Standby line...

This line was moving!

Retro Space Mountain! Very Cool!

Soon Danny and I were in the station! Everything was very calm. I was extremely surprised! I am used to the fast paced, hustle & bustle of the DL Space Mountain. This was a nice change! On a side note...(this is my learning of the day about Florida Space Mountain)...because I was soooo enthralled with the fact that there was an absence of load gates, I neglected to notice that we were INSIDE the mountain! Sure enough I looked up and there was the track overhead! CRAZY!

It wasn't very long before we were locked, loaded and ready for launch! I must say that this Space Mountain surprised me! I have been on DL's Space hundreds of times...I have memorized every twist, turn and drop...Not so much for Florida Space. There was quite a bit of airtime, and because I couldn't anticipate the turns, I was sure that I was going to be launched from my rocket! Needless to say, I held on to my lapbar the entire ride! This is a great coaster!

When we emerged from Space, the sun had burned off the fog, and the Castle came out to play!

Secretly I have a collection of Castle photos now! Seriously, everytime I passed Cinderella Castle I had to stop and take a picture! I blame the gay!

Gratuitous...It's sooo pretty!

After I came out of my Castle spell, we headed off to conquer the Wild West!

Passed the stores and saloons...

Passed the river...

(Hey...where's the Fantasmic viewing area...oh wait...

Straight to the mountain that goes SPLASH!

Those people are soaked! I hope we don't get that wet! Wishful thinking huh?!

Only a five minute wait! SCORE!

Ready to load the log! I'm sure there is a joke there somewhere!

Ok...Splash was great...BUT...we had yet another mountain range to conquer!

"This is the Wildest ride in the Wilderness!"

I didn't know I had gotten that wet! I DID take one for the team!

Nice view from the queue!

Here comes our train!!!

Ready to ride!!!

Is it me, maybe someone can confirm, but is this Thunder a mirror image of DL's Thunder? It seems like all the elements were opposite. Maybe it's completely different! Just an observation!

Lift 2 pic!

BIG THUNDAH!!!!

Canyon shot! HELLOOO...hellooo...hello!

I heart the geysers!

He used to scare me as a kid! Just like the Abominable Snowman! Does the dinosaur have a name?! Anyone know!?

Big Thunder Mountain is always a good time! Try squeezing 3 grown adults in a row! It's a blast!

Peek-a-boo, I see you! Silly Castle!

Hey it's Woody's Round-up! It's time for a Hoe-Down!

Are you kidding!? Of course I joined in!

All you WDW pro's can you guess which attraction was next?! 3 seconds to guess?!

YAY! HAUNTED MANSION!

Such a Handsome Mansion!

Still Excited!

Mansion was great...very DARK...Darker than DL I thought! I hate making comparisons... I was going to be sad because I thought the hallway scene was missing, but then we boarded our "doom buggy" and there it was...nice surprise!

BUT...we were in for an even bigger surprise...

As we exited the Mansion Danny was declared a winner of the "Year of a Million Dreams!"

He won a Pin and Lanyard Set...not a churro...ALTHOUGH Danny would have loved to have won a free churro.

I however...

Did not win...sad day!

I pulled it together, and traveled to Fantasyland! We had some time to kill before our lunch reservation...so we decided to ride...IASW

Everyone looks sooo happy!

Verrrrrry different...but the same...NEXT!

MICKEY'S Philharmagic!

Danny and I before we enter the theater!

We had no idea what to expect inside! What we DID see was UNBELIEVABLE! Don't miss seeing this show! It was great!

Taking in the scenery!

Winnie the Pooh was down for rehab!

Does this make me a whore?!

We passed by the castle one more time...click click...flash flash!

Sorry guys...

Off to lunch at the Liberty Tree Tavern...

Ummm...I was afraid that...I might have to do some manual labor for the Master! a little too "Colonial" for my tastes! Needless to say...Danny felt fine!

The food was great and the service was amazing! And the CM's brought Danny a birthday cupcake! Very nice!

They also declared him a Pirate...Chuck=JEALOUS

So since Danny was recently christened a Pirate...we decided to head into Adventureland to see what kind of mischief a Pirate could find!

We were in luck!

Good ole POTC! It was here that I realized that the queues here at WDW are pretty amazing...again...just like DL, but different.

We exited Pirates, and I tried to do my best Pirate impression, when out of nowhere, Capt. Hook and Smee, came running to join me!

I'm not sure where they were headed, but they stopped just to take my pic...and as quickley as they came, they were gone...it was a very magical moment for me! I heart

Chuck= not so jealous anymore!

The Enchanted Tiki Room was next!

I love the original, but I must admit the disco ending here in Florida is quite appealing! What a trip!

Our next trip would be along the Nile River...time for the WORLD FAMOUS Jungle Cruise!

By the end, that kid was in tears! I never figured out what scared him...Maybe it was that cave that we drove through, because that was shocking to me!

Thumbs up for the gunshots!

Not far from the Jungle Cruise was the...

Soooo many childhood memories came rushing back! Most def good times!

Liberty Belle! Majestic!

The Hall of Presidents...saw George W. Bush's boots...and then we left.

One last trip passed the Castle...Oh look...it's the new show...I see the characters blinking and talking...its amazing!

Off to ride Space one more time, and to try Buzz Lightyear and the Tommorowland Transit Authority.

I miss the People Mover! Bring it Back!

WHAT HAPPENED NEXT WILL GO DOWN IN HISTORY AS ONE OF THE MOST UNBELIEVABLE MOMENTS IN MY LIFE!

Danny and I stopped to get an Ice Cream Cone in Tomorrowland...It was sooo good! I stopped to say hi to a CM...

That was the last time I would see my ice cream!

After I bid my friend farewell...A SEAGULL swooped down... in Dive Bomber fashion...Vaulted off my head...and STOLE MY ICE CREAM CONE! I screamed like a little girl...everyone around me laughed...I was sooo embarassed...

feeling fragile...without an ice cream! I am sure that kid behind me called a friend to laugh at me together!

DARN YOU RAT WITH WINGS...I SHAKE MY FIST AT YOU!

It was definitely time to go...

We decided to head over to EPCOT one last time...and try to have Dinner in Japan...

One last Main Street photo...That seagull is taunting me! Shooo!

and one last pixie wing photo!

We had to wait quite a long time to be seated in Japan...but the food was worth it. While waiting we decided to try Maelstrom... I now have a fear of OIL RIGS!

We also took time to enjoy the scenery once again.

We left EPCOT that night at about 9:30 saw Illuminations one last time...and went back to the Hotel room to freshen up. We had a date to meet friends at Downtown Disney.

We caught a ferry to DTD...

And while we were there we ran into Reed and Stacey...fellow TPR members!

We decided to check out DisneyQuest, which was sooo much fun, then head over to Pleasure Island!

Pleasure Island BLEW me away!

Our first stop was this improv Comedy Club! It was Hilarious!

I wish we couldv'e seen another show...but we had other clubs to see, and it was getting late! Next stop was the Adventurer's Club

We missed the last show, but NO WORRIES! That just gives us one more thing to do when we come back!

Next up were the dance clubs! Mannequins was my favorite, but each had their own unique qualities...I wish we had this in Anaheim! I promise...I only had one frosty beverage!

We stayed at DTD until about 1:30 am...and unfortunately we had to call it a night...I honestly didn't want it to end...but I could barely keep my eyes open! We bid Reed and Stacey farewell...and thanked them for a wonderful night...Thanks again guys!

That night we slept well...and we chose to sleep in the next morning...but the Magical Express would be picking us up at 1130...so we had to rush around and pack the room!

One last shot on the bus!

One last Florida Meal!

And...1 layover and 10 hours later...

We were back in Long Beach!

So TPR....that's how my trip came to an end!

I left Florida with a greater appreciation for Disney...and believe me, I didn't think that was possible (my friends will vouch for me)! I cannot wait to go back and visit the Resort again, and now that I have a taste of what is outside CA...themepark-wise...my hunger for more...will be diffiicult to tame. Thanks for following along, I apologize that it was sooo lengthy. I really hope you enjoyed!

PEACE OUT MY FRIENDS!

You look like you had an incredible time! Just seeing those pics (and seeing the sheer excitement of someone going to WDW for the first time) is quite an experience. I myself just coming back from a Holiday trip down to the House of Mouse (tip: prepare for people and 4 hour lines), it really makes me excited to get back there once again.

Excellent, excellent photo TR.

-nesdude

Again, great trip report, its great to see it from a first timers view, gives me a great perspective of all the rides. I'm glad you had a great time, and great job making me so jelous that i havent been to WDW since i was 6. Hopefully i'll get to see more trip reports from you in the future