Coolest station you've seen

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outlaw Run

Indiana Jones Disneyland

FOTR

And my nerdy heart told me the coolest one is Mr.Freeze.

Hahaha!!

That was at the same level as Mr. Freeze's puns, which are the best ever!

Let's kick some ice!

Since I care about the ride, not the art, I need to mention Knoebel's Twister for having the station in the middle of the double helix. A lot of stations don't let you get a clear view of the train running at top speed, let alone twice.

The broken up lift hill adds to the coolness.

Journey to the Center of the Earth at Tokyo Disney Sea is the big one that comes to mind. The que detail, elevator ride and then bam being in that awesome loading area with those amazing looking vehicles rolling out. Made me thing "wow!" every time.

Yeah, definitely Journey to the Center of the Earth for me. The initial queue is impressive on its own, but the actual station after the elevators feels to be miles underground (I had to convince a slightly claustrophobic friend that it was just an illusion), with endless fog-filled tunnels, massive supports, crackling dynamos, and those awesome ride vehicles.

IMG_0043.thumb.JPG.2f01b1f36baeb5d6378c9fd1fdd2e838.JPG

Someone isn't manning their post... Tea break!

IMG_0025.thumb.JPG.7c7ca81022cb0537466da723d0e5bcb4.JPG

Monitoring station

IMG_0033.thumb.JPG.c90b9ac225b1076af91f8b3d81c7f9e3.JPG

This mysterious tunnel gives me the willies. Also, the massive car jacks (?) supporting the station ceiling are neat.

IMG_9595.thumb.JPG.da4742870ce9e45bbc3caeaab4503cea.JPG

Dynamo!

DSCN6728.thumb.JPG.d7c8246323bdf92729530e4fe7f55854.JPG

Suitably awesome vehicles

I think the one that really surprised me, was the entire queue and station of

Black Mamba in Phantasialand park.

Sunlight and outdoors all around you at the start of the queue, and then they take you

"deeper" into the ground, and the actual loading station is definitely 'a touch' darker

with the lighting, but you can still get your seats etc. w/o problems.

Still, a bit creepy and awesome!

While all of the B:TR clones have very similar stations, my vote goes to the clone at SFOG. The difference that makes me love that one more is the 'Batman Tune' that plays when a train is dispatched. It starts out low and dark and then gets louder as the train starts to move. And then when the floor drops down there are chasing lights that goes with the train as its leaving the station, and as the returning train is coming back in.

Back when the ride first opened, they had mist that came from the sides at the rear of the station as the returning train came in. I've been wishing for years that they would fix that feature. I've watched POVs of all of the B:TR clones and none of the others have the 'Dispatch tune', the chasing lights in the floor or even the mist. I wonder why that is...

Anyway... Near the end of this video you can hear the 'Dispatch Tune' I'm talking about. Right after the operator says 'Hands Off!' For the second time. Lol!!

And in this one you can see the tubes that used to spray out the mist. (Look on the sides right at the end of the brake run before the station) and you can also see the chasing lights in the floor at the end. No disrespect to TPR or Robb for posting a CoasterForce video. Its just the best video I could find with clear filming of the floor lights.