TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coolest station you've seen

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always liked...

Vortex and Beast stations at Kings Island

Villain and Batman/Dominator stations at Geauga Lake, especially at night. Anyone from NE Ohio remember when they used to play "Welcome To The Machine" every time they dispatched trains on Dominator? It was short lived though.

Iron Dragon, Corkscrew, and Gemini stations at CP. Corkscrew and Gemini sort of have that cool retro look compared to the newer coasters at the Point.

Alpengiest's ski resort style station at BGW.

X2--Something about it just helps me get excited for the ride. It resembles an airplane hangar, which is probably the basis for why I like it so much. Airplanes rock, after all!

"Is everybody in? ... Is everybody in?" (I actually love hearing that!)

I know this is an old post and I don't think X2 has this anymore in the station, but I still love it! I heard someone say, "Is everybody in? The ceremony is about to begin." and I got all excited because it reminded me of X2. I also liked the whispering echoes "X..x.. TWO...two..." Also because you can't really see the coaster from the station, it really heightened the suspenseful mood.

I really like inside Tower of Terror. So cool. It really captures the old haunted feel of the ride.

^A pic I took around '06 of a sign in the queue. I never could tell if the red smudges were blood, or rust, or both, but I thought it looked really cool.

^Outside the ride, a sign thing that twinkles. I thought it was awesome.

A coaster I rode in South Africa. The line took FOREVER, but the station and the queue was really beautiful. (The pics are from RCDB, I'm not sure where my pics ended up)

@rollin_n_coastin

Fluch Von Novgorod also has a marvellous queue and station - but after my last weeks visit at De Efteling it comes close second after De Vliegende Hollander. On the latter they've of course much more space for theming as a double water-coaster station is of course far more spacious than that of an Eurofighter.

Also some concept drawings from the new woodie at Europa-Park show what hopefully will become a great queue and station....you can see them over at rcdb.com.

I like the simple "old-time"y ones the best, themeing is secondary to me.

Here's the ones I like:

SFGAM: Whizzer (simple, elegant and classic)

Demon

American Eagle

Raging Bull

SFSTL: The Screamin' Eagle

River King Mine Train

Kings's Island: The Beast

The Vortex

The Racer

Cedar Point: Blue Streak

Gemini

Magnum

Corkscrew

SFMM: Revolution

Colossus

Again, I like simplicity and I like classic coasters. I do not necessarily need a 'show' while I am waiting in line, nor do I need a soundtrack....I like the "Batman" theming in the queue, but c'mon already do we need a soundtrack BLARING in the station, same with Millenium Force and Top Thrill Dragster, whose queues are kinda lame anyway. I like a queue where you can talk to other people in line, and not have to shout at them.

my .02 and I may add to this later.....

@JamesMC

I agree that some soundtracks they've are a) bad and b) far too loud.

I like a good themeing though - and a good soundtrack is no synthesizer loudness but a nicely fit rock'n'roll or orchestral track. At De Vliegende Hollander they've a costum-composed soundtrack of 18 pieces played by the Prague Symphony Orchestra and played over a Bose surround system - this way a soundtrack really is great.

But I agree on one point: No themeing is more important than a good coaster....

If we're talking about best themed station including the queue line, I have to go with Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland mainly for its awesome queue. If we're strictly talking coasters, then my favorite loading stations/queue lines are Space Mountain at Disneyland, Furious Baco at Port Aventura, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at Disneyland, Ghost Rider at Knott's, Goliath at Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Giant Dipper at Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.

A coaster I rode in South Africa. The line took FOREVER, but the station and the queue was really beautiful. (The pics are from RCDB, I'm not sure where my pics ended up)

You've been to South Africa, how cool is that! I bet that's a credit even Robb and Elissa don't have (correct me if I'm wrong). That coaster looks great and has great landscaping around it.

With the reputation the two Giovanola hypers have for intensity, I'm bummed more of their inverters weren't purchased before they folded.

My List:

Lakeside's Cyclone - Classic art deco station

Top Thrill Dragster - Probably one of the most architecturally stunning stations

Mystery Mine - Well themed

Viper(SFGAM) - Also well themed, especially by Six Flags standards

El Toro - Yes it is second hand and small, but it is still a nice station.

Flight of Fear - While it can be a bit cheesy in parts, mainly the videos, it was nice to see theming to the level that it was.

I love Viper (the station) at SFGAM-----but c'mon the exit queue is longer than the ride itself, and honestly I don't really think I am exaggerating. (and I wouldn't even care about that but I walk fast, and I always get stuck behind someone who is in no hurry at all and won't get out of my way). I've got rides to ride and things to do people! Stick to one side.....