TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Goliath vs. Expedition Geforce

Goliath or Expedition Geforce?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Goliath or Expedition Geforce?

• Goliath (Walibi World, Netherlands)
    • Expedtion Geforce

Which one of the two Intamin AG megacoasters in Europe is the best? Goliath or Expedition Geforce?

Goliath (Walibi World, Netherlands):

+ Amazing how the speed remains high, while the coaster travels a lot of time at high speeds close to the ground.

+ That Stengel dive is a really unique and cool element

+ I like them forceful horizontal loops!

- Walibi World should repaint their coasters every once in a while

- A little bit of theming can do wonders to a ride, Goliath is just standing there in the middle of nowhere!

Expedtion Geforce (Holiday Park, Germany)

+ Nice surroundings, impressive structure and simple-but-OK-theming

+ I like the horseshoes

+ Lots of airtime! Oh Yeah!

- I don't like the twist in the drop. I prefer a straight drop.

- Why put brakes in a ROLLER coaster???!!! The very reason why Goliath wins! (please, someone, tell me!?)

- The rollercoaster bleeds to death when you come to the end - the rabbit hops are getting lower and lower and I miss the forceful turn at the end.

Goliath wins.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's almost an unfair comparison. Goliath just doesn't have anywhere near the ride power that EGF has. It's unfair because on it's own Goliath is an AWESOME ride. In fact, I think I listed it as #7 overall.

But it's just not the airtime machine that EGF is. Nowhere close. Goliath just pales in comparison.

--Robb "Who can't understand how anyone could rank Goliath over EGF, but to each his own..." Alvey

They're both great, but I choose Goliath. I don't know if it was running exceptionally well when I was there (rain?), or what, but there was just something about that ride.

They're really close anyway, so it doesn't matter much. In my poll, I had something like #6-Goliath, #7-EGF, #8-Superman NE.

Yeah, it's me again, DK... In an EGF Thread... surprise, surprise...

Anyway...

It's almost an unfair comparison. Goliath just doesn't have anywhere near the ride power that EGF has. It's unfair because on it's own Goliath is an AWESOME ride. In fact, I think I listed it as #7 overall.

But it's just not the airtime machine that EGF is. Nowhere close. Goliath just pales in comparison.

--Robb "Who quite understand how anyone could rank Goliath over EGF, but to each his own..." Alvey

You really just answered your own question. Yes, Goliath pales in comparison when it comes to airtime (have not ridden it, just take the words for granted), but since when is airtime the ONLY deciding factor? Like you said, Goliath is awesome on it's own...

I say there is no clear winner. Both rides are absolute top tier rides and everybody has to decide for themselves and their preferences.

I THINK I'd prefer Goliath because I'm not much of an airtime fanatic, but I have not voted since I have not ridden Goliath yet...

^ Seriously do ever post here unless it's NOT a thread involving EGF? And when it's a post NOT putting the ride down?

I really have no problems with people who don't like a ride and voice their opinion, but that's ALL you ever do here.

I'm honestly getting really sick of you. I would rather you didn't post here anymore unless you are going to contribute something other than EGF bashing.

--Robb "Why don't you do what you're good at and create a bunch of screen names and vote against EGF." Alvey

Ok, my last post got deleted, so I say it again...

Where in my post above do I state that there are better rides then EGF? WHERE!?

All i pointed out is that you can't say one ride must be above or below another one...

If you like EGF better than Goliath or any other ride for that sake, I have no problem with it! It is a great ride! But on the opposite you can't argue about personal taste and that many people may like other great rides better...

Seriously, how is THIS bashing EGF? Explain please...

Both rides are absolute top tier rides...

Edit:

DragonKhan I love how you have almost a personal vendetta against EGF.

Yeah, since last year many people think that. I can only clarify it again. I have a personal vendetta agains the park, but NOT EGF! Last year I made the mistake and bashed EGF because I don't like the park. now I've learned...

^"Since when is airtime the only factor?"=You trying to be sly about not liking EGF. Seriously. You haven't even been on Goliath, yet you have no problem proclaiming that you'd "probably" like it more. LAAAME.

^"Since when is airtime the only factor?"

--Robb "Who can't understand how anyone could rank Goliath over EGF, but to each his own..." Alvey

That was the post I was reffering to...

I did not mean to generalize...

And I said that I probably like Goliath better since I'm a speed whore and airtime doesn't do it for me. Do the math... However, that doesn't mean I WILL like Goliath better

When I saw the thread title, I thought "wtf is that shit ?!"

Then I figured it must've been a Dutch guy who started the thread, and guess what, I was right.

Expedition GeForce is number one, especially compared to Goliath.

Why is it "poo-poo" when someone likes Goliath better? I don't call it "poo-poo" when someone else likes another coaster better either, in your case EGF better than Goliath. Your opinion, your taste, your decision. His opinion, his taste, his decision!

Can't we just agree that both coasters are awesome?

I have not been on EGF yet, it does look like an " " machine with a great (compact, a minny MF) layout and twisting 1st drop (taken from BPB PMBO).

Goliath at Walibi World on the other hand is somewhat different, it is an out-n-back steel which is located in a beautiful setting of the park, it goes over the water with a fountain in the middle of one of the upward helix.

The 3 bunnyhops by the station, 70 degree 1st drop, 2nd hill and the "Stangle Dive" are getting "legendary" raves and this is what keeps it infront of EGF.

A 4th and 5th smaller bunnyhops could of been added and the wonderful banked curve ending could of been made bigger and longer for us to enjoy. There is so much energy and speed left in Goliath when it hits the brakes.

In 2 years I have been to the park 4 times (its a 7 hour drive from England via France and Belgium and it's nearer to me than Blackpool, I live in Southern England), I love this coaster and Park so much.

I get as many rides (front seat is amazing, so is the 3rd row or seats 5 and 6) as possible on Goliath when I visit the park, it is my No: 1 steel, so addictive you can ride it all day and night.

Goliath is a design of genius and I wish it was in AT or TP for me and everyone else to enjoy. The car drive is worth every mile to ride this heaven steel monster.

This shows everyone size does not matter when building a steel or wood coaster, it's only 150ft high and laughs at other coasters twice it's height.

Goliath lives up to it's name and gives a fantastic ride. How I miss it already since Sept.

Everyone must try a "Chiptwister" (near Splash Battle) while at the park, they are so yummy

Wow, Goliath received 10 out of 26 votes. I thought I was the only one who prefers Goliath.

But EGF lovers, one question remains.... What do you think of the two sets of brakes in the middle of the track (after the last horseshoe)? Do you think: "Wow! Brakes in roller coaster!"?

Why are the brakes there anyway? Is it a design error by intamin?

Why is it "poo-poo" when someone likes Goliath better? I don't call it "poo-poo" when someone else likes another coaster better either, in your case EGF better than Goliath. Your opinion, your taste, your decision. His opinion, his taste, his decision!

Can't we just agree that both coasters are awesome?

Dude, seriously. I'm so fu*king sick of your attitude. Your post got deleted because I really didn't want another round of DragonKhan EGF crap in the forum.

You know you have a personal vendetta against a ride (which is so lame in the first place), and then you come on here and try to convince everyone you don't with your horseshit logic and reasoning by arguing your pointless opinions. You try to make everyone else look like the "bad guy" by saying all your opinions are valid. BULLSHIT! You do NOTHING but post here about *ONE* ride and do nothing but bash it.

No one wants to hear that crap. We know you hate the ride. No one cares. Move on....

I'm not sure what happened between you and EGF...maybe the coaster molested you as a child, maybe it ran off with your mother, I don't know, but I'm sick of it. (and I know others are too as they have mentioned this to me in PMs)

Post one more time here to an EGF thread and I'm banning you.

--Robb "I just can't take hearing your drivel anymore." Alvey

There could be many reasons why brakes are added to coasters, here are 3:

1) The park gets lots of complaints about the ride having too much (which most coaster lovers can't get enough of) or going 2 fast.

2) Wear and tear on the wheels and track.

3) Structure moves too much.

Grand National at Blackpool has 6 sets just before it dives under the track towards the station, yes this kills the speed as it used to give a nice upward jolt before hitting the main brakes.

I love a coaster with no brakes or it "skims" the mid-course brakes without slowing it down. A coaster to run with no brakes till the end is rare due to "Health n Safety" rules.

I ask the Op's if the brakes can be switched off apart from the ones on the brake-run, most say no " can't be switched off", I asked thats the main thing.

Oh, yeah, as for the brakes on EGF - who freaking cares? Lots of rides have trims on them. It's still a kick ass ride. Do the brakes kill it? No. It's not like Raging Bull where the breaks DO kill the ride and the trims were turned on heavier later in the ride's life cycle.

The EGF brakes were there in the first season and didn't seem any different from 2002 to 2005 when we rode.

All the SROS's have had brakes from day one. No one has ever complained about them either!

IMO, someone who is using the brakes as an excuse to not like the ride is just looking for a reason to not like the ride.

Get over it.

--Robb

Well, the brakes don't really kill the ride. And Expedition Geforce is still one of my favourite coasters. Perhaps I'm to critical, that must be it.

But I don't understand WHY intamin put brakes in this coaster. It's not like in Silverstar or Dragon Khan where the block brakes make it possible to put a third train on the tracks. Those brakes increase the rides capacity, that's useful.

I can only think of a design error. Most intamin coasters don't have brakes.

^Silverstar has a few trims aswell as a MCBR.

It might have the trims because the last few bunny hops have to much negative g's but there could be lots of reasons why it has trims

I have not been on either yet. I hope to ride Goliath later this year. I want to ride it before I ride Expedition Geforce which I will be riding next year.

Both look great but I think Expedition Geforce looks better.

It might have the trims because the last few bunny hops have to much negative g's but there could be lots of reasons why it has trims

I don't know either, but it really doesn't matter. The trims on EGF are only felt when you TRY to notice them, so no biggie and definately no ride killer. There is much worse, just look at Silverstar!

I like both rides very much.

The advance of living near EGF is that i rode it many times more than Goliath. So it may be, that i like Goliath more, because i rode it under 10 times and its a bit newer to me.

But a perfect ride would be a mixture between both!

I miss the helices of Goliath on EGF and i miss the multiple airtime hills on Goliath.

Finally i like both coasters, but i give the extra points to EGF, because of the better layout, I've just ridden it too many times.

Greets, MF