Southport Pleasureland Demolition Man Photos

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found out something interesting.

It appears the Cyclone actually has an exact clone in india

it turns out BPB consulted on the Nicco Park in Calcutta and built a clone out there.

http://rcdb.com/id2485.htm

Sat pic of it here

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=22.570605,88.422003&spn=0.003192,0.002951&t=k&hl=en

So for those of you who miss it. at least it lives on in some respect.

• 1 month later...

The coaster in India was a copy using the original plans, just like the Coney Island Cyclone has been copied many times. Blackpool PB in house was used in the construction.

As far as King Solomons Mines (Wild Mouse) goes i have been unable to get confirmation of its future. It was in great condition so you would think a smaller park would pick it up, but no news yet.

Word on the street is that the Fun House has closed for good on March 31st.

It's a bummer....and weird....because of all these woodies that have closed lately that everyone seems so upset about, I could care less. But the Fun House was actually a really AWESOME place.

*WAY* better than Southport's Cyclone.

Oh, well.....At least I got many spins on the wheel.....

I am sure if people could brag about their fun house credits, like they can their coaster credits, then this would be big news. As it is as long as they can brag about the coasters they rode then they are happy. I mean how else can you explain so many people's rose colored view of CP.

Rich "I miss lost dinos of the sahara" Bitner

Word on the street is that the Fun House has closed for good on March 31st.

It's a bummer....and weird....because of all these woodies that have closed lately that everyone seems so upset about, I could care less. But the Fun House was actually a really AWESOME place.[/img]

SUCKS. And yeah, is kinda weird. When we were there in February the kids having the party there seemed to be having a great time! I know that was only one day, but I would imagine there being kids' parties there most weekends.... Is that not enough? *sigh* A real shame.

Your right lou, the fun house was indeed very popular, when the park was open the funhouse often had to close early to the public due to private parties, much to their disapointment!

The reason its stayed open so long after the park is that there where so many bookings to respect. Makes you wonder why they couldnt of just left it. The whole story of Pleasurelands closure is so sad, especially for the staff, some of who attended Club Pleasure Beach's "farewell funhouse" event.

Sad to hear indeed.... Maybe BPB will get remove the Beaver Creek Log Flume and replace it with this new "attraction" which "uses parts" of the Funhouse but in reality looks exactly the same as the Southport Funhouse but is painted blue?