TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Camelot Amusement Park, UK Announces "Knightmare"

Knightmare was a name of a really cool VR kids show back in the 90's.

OMG, best show ever.

I do still watch it occasionally on Challenge.

Anyway, I think Knightmare is a cool name, and I can't to ride it in the summer.

So bascially, this means theres most probably a Pinfari for sale, M&D's???

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in all honesty, a Schwarzkopf coaster is a great coaster, need it be here or the UK, however, i'm not an analytical prick, but at 2600 feet, how could you possibly release that one of the longest coasters in the world. i don't knock the press realease, or the money behind it, i just don't like false claims,. a great coaster it is, ONE of the longest in the world IT IS NOT...indeed a great re-birth to a "must be scrapped" coaster

Its nice to see it being saved. i do wonder if it will look anything like the picture though. its sister ride the Andalusia Railroad from Kure Portopia Land was saved a while ago and went to russia but although they didnt take the mountain side with them they did take the frame. meaning it looks really odd now.

http://rcdb.com/

so i hope they do get rid of the excess structure.

I don't know why you lot are so critical, I think this is a great addition for a smalll park like camelot as they were going downhill (tower of terror burned, viper etc.). Actually it is another reasin which I could use to get my parents to take me to camelot. Because I LOVE the park, I like the fact that it is just literally "Plonked" on the side of the motorway, seriously though it is! Me, my parents and my sister were driving away from scotland (We had a lovely holiday there[i know your probably thinking "Scotland? ARE YOU CRAZY!!, but it was great!) and I just saw these random flat rides and a spinning coaster and my mum said "Hey look haydn, its camelot!".

Cheers,

BlackHole2005(7)

http://www.rcdb.com/ig1062.htm?picture=6

I actually think this is its sister ride, most notably because its exactally the same appart from the beginning! hehe Now i havent been on BMRX but i have been on jetline and it is an amazing coaster! so i for one, am excited about this ride, and Camelot is quite close to Liverpool where i live so thats even better!

http://www.rcdb.com/ig1062.htm?picture=6

I actually think this is its sister ride, most notably because its exactally the same appart from the beginning! hehe Now i havent been on BMRX but i have been on jetline and it is an amazing coaster! so i for one, am excited about this ride, and Camelot is quite close to Liverpool where i live so thats even better!

Judging from Robb's video, BMRX seems to be trimmed quite alot more than Jetline towards the end. Hopefully thats something they can change before opening the ride at Camelot.

This should no matter what be a good addition to the park. Jetline is a pretty good ride and Im sure this will be aswell.

Yet another reason to visit Merry Ol' England this year- I'm beginning to think that the country is becoming the retirement home for Herr Achterbahn's great rides- It is always a good thing to see a great design preserved for all to enjoy into the future. Now if only they could find a nice piece of desert here in the great state of Arizona to retire some- or at least preserve- some of his rides for year-round operation. (I've always wanted to set up a park here- Arizona is quite dry when it comes to coasters beyond Castles n' coasters.)

Great news for Camelot! Especially since the axe has been hanging over their neck for a few years now.

Nice to see another Schwarzkopf come to the UK, even if it is a mongrel one!

They'll need to tart it up a LOT before opening it though!

It would be AWESOME if there was some kind of walkthrough ride based on the old tv show. I'm actually gonna go and YouTube that, there must be some of it on there.

Camelot isn't closing anytime soon as far as I know... Are you getting mixed up with Southport, which is now very much dead?

It would be AWESOME if there was some kind of walkthrough ride based on the old tv show. I'm actually gonna go and YouTube that, there must be some of it on there.

Camelot isn't closing anytime soon as far as I know... Are you getting mixed up with Southport, which is now very much dead?

Nah, I heard it was Camelot, I remember hearing. I mean its a pretty horrible park to be honest, there's really not very much there, even the Medieval theming isnt as strong as it once was.

And yeah Southport was a true shame, but I knew it was the end when they started charging admission.

^ Ugh, that kinda sucks! The closure rumours must have passed me by. Apart from being in the area of the park with Robb a few weeks back, I haven't been to Camelot since I was about 8, but I remember loving it. Part of me wishes I'd gone with a small group that roadtripped over there in June when the TPR crew was at Southport/Blackpool, but I'll probably get back there again at some point.

Hopefully this new ride and the closure of Southport will help get visitor numbers up and Camelot back on an even keel.

If it's successful, they have more chance of staying open.

Would be sad to see another park close in the UK. I've never been but I always thought it looked quite cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Well Camelot is very much on my must visit list this year and Blackpool is definately NOT on that list.

Much happier giving my cash to a park that is prepared to help preserve a classic coaster rather than knock one down.

Now if only they could relocate the Mistral to Camelot then I'd be buying a season pass!