TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Camelot Amusement Park, UK Announces "Knightmare"

Fair enough Robb. Just didn't think it looked all that great on the inside when you were on the ride. Of course I'm only basing that on a POV, I'm more than happy to bow to your opinion since you've rode it with the mountain facade.

To be fair the main report I was referring to was yours back in October last year when the ride was first announced for Camelot:

^ Would it really be "ewwww" bad if it was just the coaster? If you watch the POV you'll see that the theming really didn't add that much to the ride.

--Robb

I'm not debating that it looked really cool from an aesthetic standpoint in the photos. I would really love to see Camelot really put some effort into theming the ride although somehow I don't see that happening.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been anounced by the park that the ride is opening on the 23rd June (and it cost £3 million to build)

Camelot Theme Park’s opening of Knightmare, the UK’s most eagerly awaited new rollercoaster of 2007, is just weeks away. Huge levels of excitement are guaranteed for thrill seekers of all ages as Knightmare will subject riders to more g force than any other rollercoaster in the UK, providing an extreme 4.6G. Construction of the new £3 million ride, the biggest single investment ever made by owners Prime Resorts, is nearing completion. The ride is expected to open on June 23, 2007. Andy Hine MBE, Chairman of the Roller Coaster Club of Great Britain, said: “This ride is something special. It’s highly rated by roller coaster fans, not just for its height and speed, but due to the fact that it’s a really intense ride with non-stop action for the whole two minutes. It’s a classic roller coaster, one of only two its kind in the world, that’s guaranteed to leave a long-lasting impression.” One of Knightmare’s many highlights is a mid-ride plunge nicknamed ‘the psycho drop’, after which riders are subject to extreme G forces

www.ukrides.info/camknightmare.htm

Yeah, they both have that insane looking drop in the middle. That must be about 70 or 80 degrees.

I saw Jetline when I was visiting Sweden a few years ago. they do look very similar and share some elements, but I think Jetline is a little bigger with a different layout.

It will be nice to have this only 3 and a bit hours away.

ya for my first post here

ill be going to the media day and since the place is less than an hour and a half from where i live it will be awsome, i've never been to camelot either cuz i didn't think it was worth it but now it really is worth it.

i would agree that the mountain would of added lots to the ride and would of been perfect if they built a huge mountain with a castle on it or just a big castle for it.

yeah they really should have added something like was previously said a castle or a mountain, or something. usually having something added, adds a whole new experience to a ride. Like Volcano or Mystery Mine, neither of those would be the same without the theming. I wonder if they are gonna use the same "mine train" cars or if it will be something more "mid evil" themed.....

well, hopefully, sometime, I'll get out of the country, go to Europe.........

Here's to hoping I win the lotto

While it would have been better with the mountain, it still looks like a fun ride. I don't know much about the park it is at, so I don't know how well it will do, but it is nice that England got a good new coaster. However, the parks advertising seems a little bad with them calling the coaster the largest (or whatever they are marketing it as) in the country. Also, Knightmare seems really similar to the Great Russian Mountain at Wonder Island.

Knightmare looks much like Jetline in Gröna Lund!
I saw Jetline when I was visiting Sweden a few years ago. they do look very similar and share some elements, but I think Jetline is a little bigger with a different layout.
Except for the part between the top of the lift hill and first MCBR then they are equal.

Here is a G-log of the vertical G you experience when riding Jetline (rode it a couple of weeks ago). On the psycho-drop you get a 4.5 G with some spikes. So this is almost the forces you will experience on Knighmare.

(I will log Knightmare in late July this year so I will be able to compare them force wise.

At over 2,600 feet long, Knightmare is one of the world’s longest roller-coasters and is one of only two of its kind in the world.

Not only isn't it on of the longest in the world, there is also a 3:rd coaster that is very similar to Knightmare/BMRX and Jetline.

Lightning Coaster at Nasu Highland Park differs between the top of the lift hill and the first MCBR, and the supports aren't the same, may be this due to that Meisho built this coaster.

http://www.rcdb.com/id1266.htm < RCDB link to Lightning coaster.

http://www.asovini.com/screamer/e/index.html < a bit down the page is a POV of it.

Also, Knightmare seems really similar to the Great Russian Mountain at Wonder Island.

They were sister rides. i posted some pictures earlier in the thread. BMRX was at Kobe Portopialand and Andalusia Railroad was at Kure Portopialand.

Not only isn't it on of the longest in the world, there is also a 3:rd coaster that is very similar to Knightmare/BMRX and Jetline.

Lightning Coaster at Nasu Highland Park differs between the top of the lift hill and the first MCBR, and the supports aren't the same, may be this due to that Meisho built this coaster.

But do you count the fact that LC has been SBNO for some time.

Well media day is on it's way, Robb emailed me the auto-email saying I am on the list! OMG I so can't wait, Camelot was looking very un-stable for the future, but the way they are advertising this coaster and the work they have put into it! The future will hopefully be secured! With new and better additions in years to come!

More thrill seekers will be coming to Camelot to ride this coaster. Also it has sparked major attraction towards the enthusiasts which is great !

So cant wait !

Maybe this will bring the "teen" market back into Camelot! As there aint much there for that audience! Now this adds to it!

I personally think this is the most anticipated coaster in the UK for 2007!

Yes it is relocated but nothing like Infusion, up the road and marketed as BRAND NEW!

Camelot have done well with this and I hope it secures the parks future !

Oh Guys this is killing me.

I am so jealous.

I will be in that part of the world this time next month and so wish I could be there for the media day.

I have to say I am really pleased with Camelot getting a decent coaster.

The park hold very fond memories for me even though I only visited once as a child. My first ever coaster was there, in a green mountain, and they had a bizarre, very camp, dragon animatronic at the door.

Enjoy you lucky people.

My biggest memory, from Camelot, is from when they had Sooty (kids puppet television show thing) They has a Sooty figure on the castle! Was when Tower of terror was there and Excalibur (the original inverting ship) Was great as a kid !

Can't wait to get back there!

Visited back in 2004 too for the credits!

Hi TPR visitors

I was at Camelot yesterday. I will be amazed if the coaster is operating with passengers come the Media day, as there is quite a lot of work left to do and issues to address.

1) Station nowhere near complete

2) You can easily touch the track from the exit ramp... fences to erect...

As I said, I will be surprised if it takes passengers on Friday... Camelot, please do prove me wrong.

Simon Baynham

• 1 month later...