TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What does everyone think of Goliath (LA RONDE)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, for my first Hyper, Goliath was incredible. From the minute we left the lift hill, I was out of my seat and floating through the air through a combination of ejector seat and floater airtime. It was a truly wonderful experience.

On a scale of one to ten, I would give it an eight as it could have (and should have) been a longer ride.

Well, for my first Hyper, Goliath was incredible. From the minute we left the lift hill, I was out of my seat and floating through the air through a combination of ejector seat and floater airtime. It was a truly wonderful experience.

On a scale of one to ten, I would give it an eight as it could have (and should have) been a longer ride.

Are you talking about Goliath at Six Flags over Georgia??

Because the poster was asking about Goliath @ La Ronde in Montreal, Canada.

^Yes, I was talking about La Ronde's Goliath. I have only done one Goliath so far and that was at La Ronde.

Interesting. I'm curious, how did you get all the way to Montreal without riding anyting inbetween Florida and there? (just going off your credit count).

And La Ronde's Goliath isn't a hyper as it's only about 175 feet tall. So that's another reason I thought you were talking about SFoG.

I see a "what is and what isn't a hyper" argument brewing...

Hyper is anything over 200 feet. Not really much to argue about.

La Ronde's Goliath is commonly called a mini-hyper. I don't really understand the point of that title though.

I might finally get to La Ronde this summer. Just gotta setup some free lodging at my freinds place in Ottawa, and then use my SFMM play pass. Definetly not paying anything to get into that place.

Interesting. I'm curious, how did you get all the way to Montreal without riding anyting inbetween Florida and there? (just going off your credit count).

And La Ronde's Goliath isn't a hyper as it's only about 175 feet tall. So that's another reason I thought you were talking about SFoG.

We flew to Montreal from Orlando International Airport. No time for stops in between, just a direct flight to Montreal. We were there on vacation and my brother and I set aside a day to check out the park. Trust me, if I could have made a stop at any other park on the way, I would have!

Hyper is anything over 200 feet. Not really much to argue about.

Maybe according to Cedar Point's web site that's true. But, do you consider the following hypers:

Xcelerator

Top Thrill Dragster

Kingda Ka

SOB

Superman: The Escape (SFMM)

Griffon

Sheikra

But by most sober accounts none of those are hypers. Hyper is a design philosophy more than anything else.

I generally go with the policy that if it looks like a duck, it's a duck. If you try to define everything exactly by classification, it just doesn't work because there will always be exceptions. For example, is jelly a solid or a liquid?

For me, a hyper is a coaster with no inversions, long drops and airtime hills. It seems pretty simple to me. I mean, what is Expedition Ge Force if it's not a hyper?

I really really liked the ride. Its not AC... But its still better than say.. Rage'n Bull

I got many trim free rides on it.. At night back in sept.. But i also got one very trim'd ride. When the trip was on it was really felt.. But the trim free rides were amazing. And the turn around felt very cool.

i'm going to give a grade 8 of 10 for Canadian Goliath! the whole ride

sensation is really looking good but i'm kind of sad about it finally

became a part of PARKING LOT hyper! ( it just actually goes along the

edge of that PARKING LOT when the train is in up & down!

I think it was built a year too late cause I was there in 2005!

I was in Montreal for other reasons but when I saw La Ronde across the river and seeing I already had a Six Flags season pass I had to go. Nice spot, the park on the other hand...The ride ops there make the surly, uninterested ops at Magic Mountain look like Disney ride ops of the month award winners.

No, I was just on an organised tour that stopped in Montreal, we went to Quebec after that. I wasn't planning on going to La Ronde but they dropped us at the river and there it was across the river, it looked good from a distance but the close ups weren't as impressive.