TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Question about Cedar Fair passes

Cllins

Rob, Elissa or Anyone

Ok ask anything, here goes.

O, I am privileged I can ask the first silly question.

I am flying over to the USA in June, to do some parks in Ohio, Indiana & Kentucky.

Have seen that it is cheaper to get a season ticket from Michigan's Adventure (So it includes : - Cedar point & Geauga lake) I will not ask why if you get the pass from Cedar point it not valid in Geauga lake & vice-versa !!. As it is only $95 (£50) for the Pass it seems a bit cheap as it is £80 ($151 :shock: ) for a tussauds pass for Alton Towers & Chessington (They don’t call us rip-off Briton for nothing !). All I can hope for is that I can get one of these passes as I am from the UK.

The other parks I am visiting are :-

Paramounts Kings Island

I see the Son of beast on one of your clips & wish so much to have my bones shackin around like the 7 goes in a row on I had on Psyclone at Six Flag MM in 1996 :shock: .

Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom

Holiday World

Indianna Beach Amusement Resort

New York Astroland

Six Flags Great Adventure

If there were any other tips and info to point me in the right direction would be greatly revised.

“I Guess Donkey's Are Okay” :shock:

Nick “What makes me a donkey then ! – it is because I am a ass !” Collins

Only Joking .

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Hey Nick! Glad to see you on the forum. I hope we get to see some more of your videos in this year's contest!

As for your question, YES it seems much cheaper to buy your Cedar Fair pass ANYWHERE but Cedar Point!

For example, our Knott's pass is only going to be $59 when we renew, and it's good at ALL Cedar Fair parks including Geauga Lake.

What is the itinerary for your trip?

--Robb "Sounds like fun!" Alvey

Michigan's Adventure looks like a bargain at first if you look at what season passes cost, but then again, you have to kinda go there, so that's a negative.

If I may make a small suggestion, since it looks like you're going to Holiday World. I would highly recommend going to Six Flags Great America outside of Chicago as opposed to Six Flags Great Adventure. Especially if you're going to Cedar Point as well.

Robb

The two week itinerary is :-

Fly out on a Saturday to New York.

Sunday :- Train to Washington & then a train on to South Bend arrive Monday (Don’t Ask Unfortunately I like trains as well as coasters).

Monday pick up a car from the airport then drive to Michigan's Adventure

then Drive to Cedar point

Tuesday & Wednesday at Cedar point

Thursday :- Geauga lake

Friday :- Paramounts Kings Island

Saturday :- Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom

Sunday :- Holiday World

Monday :- Indianna Beach

Drop car off at air port. Train from South bend to New York arrive Tuesday.

Tuesday :- New York Astroland

Wednesday :- Six Flags Great Adventure

Then Thursday & Friday :- Trains & Sightseeing, shopping (What ever else)

Fly back on the Friday night.

Nick “maybe trying to shoehorn to much in to one visit. But why not” Collins

Can’t wait until June

Dude, going to Michigans Adventure is NOT a bad thing.

You MUST go into the park and ride Shivering Timbers, back seat and front (however, I prefer back seat with about a 5 click ride, still safe) it is THE bomb for wooden coasters. Well, I havent been to Holiday world but I still dont think anythings going to come close to the airtime monster it was last fall. Plus normally the park is deader than dead so you can get like a dozen rides in as much time as it takes you to run back into the line and get on again.

That sounds like a great trip. Im from Ohio and Im planning something similar...

Dude, going to Michigans Adventure is NOT a bad thing.

You MUST go into the park and ride Shivering Timbers, back seat and front (however, I prefer back seat with about a 5 click ride, still safe) it is THE bomb for wooden coasters. Well, I havent been to Holiday world ...

You forgot the all important IMO...

lol come on! You have to be a total crazy person not to enjoy the greatness that is Shivering Timbers. Unless you hate wooden coasters, but still. That ride (along with Cornball) converted me into a wooden coaster fan. So much more to that simple ride than most any other steel coaster out there.

It really is the only thing in the park. Worth shooting in there while you are all the way up there. Its better than anything Ive ever ridden so far.

Don't misquote me. At no point did I say Shivering Timbers was a crappy coaster. I personally did not enjoy it all that much, but there's LOTS of folks who seem to miss the boat on ST.

Shivering Timbers, hey watch this IMO is just a so-so coaster.

Michigan's Adventure, however IMO IS as crappy of a park as I've been to. For them not having a SLC or boomerang, it's attrocious. Truly a 2 hour park, tops.

I certainly wont disagree with the point about it being crappy. I spent 4 hours just because it took me 4 to get there. But we had awesome rides on it. The ride ops were very generous and we got like 5 click rides. More than enough to be safe (im 6ft tall so my legs prevent it unless my knee breaks and bends backwards...) and in the back seat it was just flying. I would bet if you had alot less room it might not be as stellar.

I think we spent 2 hours on ST alone and then the other 2 eating, bathroom and the other rides. Everything was walk on reguardless.

Actually Nick,

Your schedule sounds about right. I mean, you could be shoehorning in a LOT more....you should see our Europe itinerary!

But yeah, I would say if there was ANY way to fit in Six Flags Great America in Gurnee, IL you should do it. It's a GREAT park!

--Robb

Real,

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by a 5 click ride :? I'm 6-2 and I had a 2 click ride which is where the lapbar is practically not even engaged. A 5 click ride is a near staplejob. Might you have the numbers confused? Is your 5 click ride mean you still have 5 clicks before it touches you?

Ok, so I was the Shivering Timbers Assistant Team Leader last year, and can say that Michigan's Adventure is not a crappy park. It has an awesome water park, which is included in the price of the park. The Tornado Proslide is coming up quickly and will be a great addition to the park. It has a ripcord, second tallest in commission(well tied with others). It has Wolverine Wildcat, which was Summer and Dinns first colaboration coaster. Zach's Zoomer, though small is fun, its a copy of Beastie but is an ACE coaster classic. Mad Mouse is one of the last Arrow coasters before X, so thats cool I guess. Speaking of Arrow, MIA is home to a Orange, Yellow, and Green Arrow Corkscrew, heaven on earth, JK. The BEST Falling Star I have ever been on, Airtime Crazy!!! A super boring, but still fun log flume, Logger's Run is there and it can cool you off. The management is awesome and the employees are all fun to talk to.

But all of this leads me to Shivering Timbers, the mack-daddy of Airtime. It currently holds the spots of 2nd and 1st ranked wooden caoster in two different polls. The front seat has such amazing floating airtime and the back has such fast airtime. The trick track is something people complain about, but I find to be an essential element. There are no trim brakes along the 55384ft of track and the speed is constant after you reach the 65MPH. Seeing that it is at such a small park, the line could reach 45 minutes max, but that is on the uber crazy days, expect either walk on or have to wait one train. Make sure you said Hi to Paul, the Team Leader on Timbers this year for I am moving to Magnum XL-200 for a year, and tell him that Ryan sent you.

Oh and on a side note, Michigan's Adventure's 50th Anniversary is next year(2006) and they have plans for a MAJOR attraction, 90% sure its a coaster. It will either be a hyper, Inverted, or another award winning woodie. So make sure to pay a visit to Michigan's Adventure next summer to ride the new coaster and to enjoy the rest of the only "Family" ran Cedar Fair park.

And when you visit Cedar Point, pay a visit to Magnum XL-200 and look for a Ryan, that's me and give me a hello. I'd love to meet all of you guys.