TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

X:\ No Way Out

X:\ NO WAY OUT. Do you love it or hate it?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. X:\ NO WAY OUT. Do you love it or hate it?

• Love It!
    • Hate It!
    • Somewhere In Between!

i wish they would get

fog, snow, techno/ambient music, hi-tech disco lights and LASERS!!!!! All of which cut off at random points on purpose, just to be that little bit freaky...

that would be much more interesting... keep the outside the same, because i like queuing up in a dank, claustrophobic room (no, i actually DO!)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing there will be no major retracking work done on the ride, although I expect them to do small things like change the block breaks to fit in with whatever will be happening there. I suppose you could count that as track work other than that I am expecting to see no other changes to the track but the main thing we should see is major improvements to the themeing of the ride.

I rode it for the first time last summer as well. To be honest, at the time I didn't know anything about it, and depsite seeing the train come in to the station backwards, for some reason I just didn't expect it to leave the station backwards as well! But yeah, kinda the same feelings as everyone else, its definately not a great ride, and certainly doesn't compare with the other 3 coasters at Thorpe, but I'd ride it again if the queue wasn't too long. The whole brakeing thing where it shuffles you a bit was very weird!

I think it's a terrible coaster. The idea is great, but it just doesn't "do it". I really would be surprised if one of the stops would result in a forward part, instead of backward. Thorpe should do something to make it better: it is possible, I think. Retheming is a good thing!

I wonder where and when the 1st glow-in-the-dark track will appear..?

X: NWO is an ideal tester

UV paint on the track would be pretty sweet!

Especially if they left segments unpainted so it looked like the track has pieces missing

The more I hear rumours about "No Way Out" getting a retheme, the more I start to imagine the worst.

I can't help but doubt we'll get anything more than a few cheap lights and a more permanent audio track.

Hopefully it'll be done in a good way, like Bobbejaanland's "Revolution"

Bonus points if they use the on-board audio delivery system this time!

• 2 months later...

Well they didn't just add lights, but not too much else really.

*SPOILER* Don't read if you want it to be a suprise!

- They filmed a new low-budget video which should play on the queline TVs but it seems they are always turned off! This film explains the history of the X research centre and helps to give the ride a bit more of a point.

- They added new red and blue lights all along the que line as you can see in the pic. They also added some red blue and green lights that light flash on and off as you go up the lift hill.

- They have recorded a new audio set for the ride including audio clips which are played in the que and also some for when the train is stopped in the brakes throughout the ride.

- On one of the brake runs they have added some dummies which light up just as you stop in the brake run.

- Lastly, they have moved the control booth to the other side so the ride op can see both the load and unload platforms.

The improvements were all made by the ride team themselves and on a low budget they have done a pretty good job but the ride still isn't amazing or anything special at all really.

I rode this a couple of weeks ago with my friend. We always avoided it because my dad said it was tackky and boring. Well. The lights in the q-line were cool, and the props in the line were ok. The video is ok. The lights on the lift hill don't work and the dummies creep you out even if they look stupid. We came off laughing and making fun of it. I was a fun ride. Well, it's fun if you keep going 'weeee...' and 'wooo' and 'what the he**?' Still. a fun ride.

hmmmmm... still, those dummies really really freak me out. If only they were strobes, then they wouldn't need the animatronics... I'll give it another go, then base my decision on that. Does the story actually make the ride make sense, if you know what I mean? Does it explain why there are block brakes?

Ice 'still thinks there should be animatronics' Dragon

• 1 year later...

Since AT has a water park, TP should have one was well.

The best thing for X:NWO is to scrap the coaster and use the area for an indoor water park, have some of the water flumes to go outside the building and even have 2 speed slides which use the whole outside height on 2 sides.

RIP X:NWO the world's most messed up / backwards coaster.

Since AT has a water park, TP should have one was well.

The best thing for X:NWO is to scrap the coaster and use the area for an indoor water park, have some of the water flumes to go outside the building and even have 2 speed slides which use the whole outside height on 2 sides.

RIP X:NWO the world's most messed up / backwards coaster.

NOOOO!!!! You cannot harm the sacred X . Yes its crap but we all know deep down that we love it for that reason. They should really remove the blocks though....

And to stop it being harmed I will start a save dreamla*.... errr.... save X campaign. Hopefully there will be no arsonists.

*This comment is in no way affiliated to the 'Save Dreamland' campaign and in no way intends to diminish the reputation of the Margate Scenic railway with the overall suckiness of X.

PS: There is hope, the Scenic railway will live again

I rode X:\No Way Out a few years back and thought it was just dreadful. Any roller coaster that comes to a complete stop, takes away any excitement that it could possibly have! Sure, the concept of a backwards, enclosed roller coaster sounds exciting, but Thorpe Park executed this attraction rather poorly. The theming is cheap, and the entire building sticks out like a sore thumb. I think something new should replace it. Maybe a highly themed enclosed flat ride or something...?

I rode X:\No Way Out a few years back and thought it was just dreadful. Any roller coaster that comes to a complete stop, takes away any excitement that it could possibly have! Sure, the concept of a backwards, enclosed roller coaster sounds exciting, but Thorpe Park executed this attraction rather poorly. The theming is cheap, and the entire building sticks out like a sore thumb. I think something new should replace it. Maybe a highly themed enclosed flat ride or something...?

So your saying since EE stops twice to switch directions it is lame?