TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasters after childbirth

I'd guess that among people that "like" rollercoasters, it'd be fairly evenly split between male and female. Among people that are "enthusiasts," yeah, there seem to be more males. But I think that's true of a lot of groups of enthusiasts. You also see a lot more male trekkies, video gamers, role playing gamers, etc.

As far as hobbies, I think women tend to be more interested in craft type hobbies because it's more tangible. I know when I make a craft, I like that I have a physical object to look at and or use in a practical way. Something to show for the time that I put into it. I like rollercoasters, but it doesn't give me any kind of sense of accomplishment.

Physically, I don't think there's anything about giving birth that affects your ability to ride rollercoasters. I think it's more about age when it comes to the physical aspect. I'm finding that I black out on coasters a lot more than I did ten years ago. I don't think that has anything to do with giving birth, I'm just getting older.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife went through a very trying pregnancy, (58 hours of labor before eventually having our daughter by c-section...no joking!). The recovery was hard, and it knocked her out of riding most of the season, but she has since recovered and loves coasters as much as ever.

I think some of it have to do with economics of the families after having children, lets face it children will dramatically change the amount of extra money you have and will limit you. some people seam to just choose a different life. i am seeing an increase in the number of families at coaster ride events and females. these are good things. my wife and both intend to be riding as soon as possible.

I can see where your coming from Dave. The last two or three events I've been to have been turning up lots of families. I remember Kelly and I being the only people at our first enthusiast event with a child "at the event". Compared to Holiwood Nights last May when there were familes crawling out of the woodwork.

Going to coaster events, having passes, and searching for discounts have made it possible for us to actually visit more parks since the kids have been born though. Plus, most every trip we take is centered around parks anyway.

I hate when people use kids as an excuse not to travel or go to parks. My parents travelled the world with my brother and I from infants up until adulthood...we plan to do the same with KidTums.

That's actually quite strange you say that. I would of thought that most people would find kids an excuse TO travel. To give them an experience of another culture is a great idea, and kidslove Theme Parks! I think that without kids help, places like Disneyland wouldn't have to many visitors, seeing as a lot of them have either gone there as kids, or have had kids and liked it when they went.

This brings back Westcoaster memories and let me tell you that the only thing I learned was not to ask dating advice on a public forum.

Anyway, I doubt I can give you much advice, but I'll say this; your hobby is just a hobby and you shouldn't really let it decide who your girlfriend should be.

I don't have a girlfriend, but I made peace with the fact that I'm not a babe magnet and the right one will enter my life someday. That's my perspective though, goodluck to you.