TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Question about Impulse Coasters

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the Op presses the "green" button, the computer takes over and goes through it's sequence of launching the train forwards and backwards.

There should be an override button which can be pressed if the computer fails, can anyone confirm this..?

I wonder where and when the 1st "double" twist Impluse will be built.

Yes, there is a button you push.

And to think that at Six Flags that's still a confusing process.

Seriously though, knowing Intamin there'd be a "despatch" button and an "e-stop" button for ride-ops to use. From there there'd be another set of over-ride controls to manually return the ride to the station if a ride-op decides to e-stop the ride. Other than that, the computers control pretty much everything else.

Yes, there is a button you push.

And to think that at Six Flags that's still a confusing process.

Seriously though, knowing Intamin there'd be a "despatch" button and an "e-stop" button for ride-ops to use. From there there'd be another set of over-ride controls to manually return the ride to the station if a ride-op decides to e-stop the ride. Other than that, the computers control pretty much everything else.

Yeah that was basically my question. Like after the Ride OP pushes the dispatch button, does the computer choose when to actually launch the train, or does the Ride OP choose when to launch it.

^Yeah, I guess I should have specified a little more that when they press it, the ride instantly goes.

Some of my buddies who worked on Wicked Twister would intentionally push the button around one or two in their "three, two, one..." count down to catch everybody by surprise.

From what I read, when the ride op counts down from three, they push the button on two. Wicked Twister is a great ride, but I find that it is getting a little rougher over the years. I say rough as in more vibration than you find on other Intamin rides at Cedar Point.

Remember the stress fractures in the supports at the impulse at Geauga Lake a few years ago? (What's its name this week?)

Maybe Wicked Twister is headed that way.

I think that all of the Impulses are under-supported.

I don't know about Linear Gale. I has a lot of down time, and without any twist to the spikes, there should be less strain on the structure.

ntentionally push the button around one or two in their "three, two, one..." count down to catch everybody by surprise.

A few launch coasters do that.. And a lot of S&S towers I have been on.

Hell. I have video of SFNEs S&S tower going "5,4,3,2,1,0,-1,-2,-3,-4 *launch*"

and Canobies "7,6,5 *launch*" with chiller I have heard "Oh we need to recheck car 4 *launch*"

At WOF, the detonator crew kept saying "there seems to be a problem with the air system, so everyone just relax for a few minutes while maintenance gets here. This was after it rose up a little, and then the op would "talk" into the radio, and lean back, hit the button, and scare everyone.