TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Korea to receive B&M inverted

I've just got off the phone with Kyongju World, who have confirmed that their new coaster is a B&M invert, scheduled to open in June of this year. I've also translated some of the basic facts from their website.

Length: 1200m (3937 ft)

Height: 50m (164 ft)

Speed: 80-100 kmph

Cost: 15,000,000,000 won ($15 million)

The site also includes the usual spin, claiming the coaster will be the biggest in Korea. Actually, it will fall just short of Horror Express, height wise at least. They also said that the park are working closely with the local council to develop the area (including a new water park) with the hopes of making it one of the biggest in Korea.

http://www.coasterforce.com/cf-info/viewtopic.php?t=14320

Same stats as Katun, so I think it might be a clone of it.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can they get sued for those pics of other coasters being up there? just curious...

Remember that outside America, not everyone goes sueing-happy all the time.

But, yep, I guess they could get sued for using official pictures from other parks without their permission.

The pictures are actually kind of funny. Apparently one of their water slides is on a cruise ship.

At least it doesn't sound like another Batman. 164 ft is actually pretty decent for an invert so it should be good. Can't wait to see the layout.

can they get sued for those pics of other coasters being up there? just curious...

Remember that outside America, not everyone goes sueing-happy all the time.

But, yep, I guess they could get sued for using official pictures from other parks without their permission.

Honestly what park would actually go thru all that trouble over a picture...

Can't wait to see the layout

You can see it here:

It is a clone of Katun.

It is around 65mph which is just over 100kmph.

Are we absolutely SURE it's a Katun clone? Where did you hear it was a clone? Just because it's the same stats doesn't mean it's exactly the same. Remember that everyone thought that SFGadv's Medusa's layout was going to be a clone of Kumba based on the stats, and while the elements are almost in the same order, it's certainly not a "clone."

--Robb

Can't wait to see the layout

You can see it here:

It is a clone of Katun.

It is around 65mph which is just over 100kmph.

looks like its clone is going to mimic the stats of B&M 7 inversion

typical looping since the top speed is as same as SFDK Medusa.

but i guess it'll be a great deal for park industries in Korea!

Right, but Duane's just going off of pictures and what he's been told by people who have visited the park. I've been on it, and I know I relayed the Mayan theming idea to him as well as others.

I'm curious if the park actually 'stole' the stargate idea from the movie, as copyright laws in Italy are essentially nonexistant.

They probably did, rollermonkey. I don't remember ever hearing about a stargate prior to the movie, only wormholes, etc. ...but supposedly the Mayan calendar ends in 2012 and some kind of worm hole is suppose to open. ...maybe that's where the stargate gets tied in.

Honestly what park would actually go thru all that trouble over a picture...

eh you never know... they may just get told to remove them, not necessarily sued. Im glad theres a new invert on the way though. My lasy invert last year was Great Bear.. makes me wanna plan a trip to BGT... lets hope this new one has some forces!

• 1 month later...

It's called Phaethon.

http://www.kjw.co.kr/news/news_detail.htm?num=39

Translated to best i could find. I think they are tryin to say it's some sort of monster or beast. Sorry about the illegibility of it:

Chig beginning, the candle it sprouts and the #a1a4{nose which is a it sprouts, introduction The blood, khu Ji phaym ppalm also the the field khwip was it will become, At investment company this Iss. 2007ccem ppalJi thyu thwi the place where it is a an_chang, weyn #a1a9{ppalm Also the Yoo tu committed the 50$$ln The candle it sprouts and the nose it sprouts, Chig khu (the Phaeton and the chip) ing.

pal_han The TVpoint #a1a4{cep nyo also the sprouts thyu Pyob this nose, ing$$#2 It will be salty, thyu this left #a1a4{one weyn khwip form thwi Doe ing$$#3 ppyep phwa_in The #a1a4{nose it sprouts, al ss. blood khwip tu weyn ppyep #a1a4{one 1200m, pal_choy 50m Chaem 80~100km feed a. This blood khu the week worked eng, 10~30haym Wig a ppalunder at ss. This Chaem before pheym enemy weyn company this prime Jel phwa side Iss weyn, Chaem before market #a1a4{khwim Eg, sswul hyeyl, cep hyeyl am weyn #a1a9{ 2007evil most phwa_khwim Eg khu direction Pyob thang under ss.

http://www.loggia.com/myth/phaethon.html

• 2 months later...