TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

GCI Intern Website

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for putting up that site. I've been persuing a career in design myself, and thats deffinately a good first person source.

How did you guys land the internship? I remember e-mailing the good people at GCI last summer about interning, but I never got anything back...

This is awesome! I'm working at a steel company right now in Mississauga, and right from day one I began to wonder what we could manufacture for coasters. Seeing you guys actually get to build the trains is that much more interesting to me because of it!

I definitely know where you're coming from when you say that seeing the finished product will be exciting to you, because I love seeing how all the parts that we make get put together and fabricated into a final product.

I'm going to be starting in sales in the near future, at which point I'll go on a hunt for any sort of coaster manufacturing (we would be most apt to make the cross ties for steel coasters...think Arrow or Vekoma) that we could potentially get into.

I have a question. I am aiming to go to Penn State for architecture and my main goal is to become an amusement ride designer, so what classes would I need to take(yes, I know I need to take physics.)?

It seems like your job is a lot of fun.

-Chris

Just a quick suggestion...get some Millennium Flyer's over to Roar at SFA. They are in desperate need of them.

I think they should send some for Gwazi as well!

And i think you should read my press meeting with the GCI and Clair Haines during the toverland press meeting about troy.

There is something interesting to read

I have a question. I am aiming to go to Penn State for architecture and my main goal is to become an amusement ride designer, so what classes would I need to take(yes, I know I need to take physics.)?

It seems like your job is a lot of fun.

-Chris

You would want to be doing some sort of engineering course as Archi wont really help you. Civil engineering seems to be the way to go.