TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best and worst themed B&M

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worst: Riddler's Revenge. Hell, it's not even in the Gotham City section of the park!

Riddler's Revenge?

Looks good to me

The thing that confused me most though was that you didn't say Scream! which is obviously lesser "themed" and in the same park.

Anyway, my best would be Batman, because i don't know any better, and the worst would have to go to Scream!

Best - I have to say Dueling Dragons, it's my ride!

Worst - Scream! I can't believe how pathetic of a parking lot coaster this is. It almost looks like they repainted the parking spaces, that is how bad it is. I agree with the Riddler's comment. How could anyone think that is worse than Scream?

The best themed is dueling dragons with mentions to nemesis, nemesis inferno, black mamba, and hulk to name a few.

Worst...first of all I think a coaster has to attempt theming to be considered the "worst" at theming and it look like scream! didn't even attempt theming so how can it be the worst? But I can say the worst B&M to attempt theming has to be superman UF and from the pictures I seen batman in SFNO.

I love Crystal Wings. I'm surprised no one else has mentioned it, but I guess it's cause it is an S:UF clone. (RCDB)

Worst would have to be Lightning. At least Scream has a station and landscaping in the line. This one is just plopped on ugly dirt and they didn't bother to build a station around it. (RCDB)

Ones I've actually done/experienced...

Best - Nemesis and Duelling Dragons, the usual ones

Worst - For me, really Air, and possibly the back end of Inferno...Shame that really...

I found that some of the Florida coasters, like Kraken, and SheiKra to name two, have not so much theming in the full extent sense, but the same can be said for DD as well...

best: Black mamba (awesome theming) and Nemesis (nice theming as well) and to finish with a top 3, silverstar, the station really owns. To bad the rest of the track hasent got any theming, but in my opinion it doenst need theming to look good. Just the shiny metal look

worse: that would probably be ... oo yes you can feel it comming ... i almost wanna scream it out! ... hey i just did

yes i was gonna say scream

I have to fault both Kraken and DD for themeing. They both have so much potential, but the rides especially have NOTHING. At least with Scream!, et al., they are just coasters. These others start strong with the queue and really fail to deliver, IMHO.

I do think some of our European examples are exemplary, though. But, my top nod would have to go to Crystal, too.

for me, the worst themed coaster ive been on is Scream!. Ive only been on one other "parking lot" coaster. for those of you who dont know what that is, it is where a coaster is completly built in a parking lot, parking space lines included. The only other coaster like that is Medusa @ SFDK, but at least the have a themed entrance. Scream's entrance is under a tent!. And its queue and station are on top of the parking lot, not in the park itself.

scream27.jpg.c22163b3af216da502386672eb47283b.jpg

wtf

Scream! is one of the most pathetic coaster installations I've seen. Couldn't they do something about those painted parking lines? How much could gravel really cost? I do think, however, that it's one of the few decent coasters at Magic Mountain.

I think Dueling Dragons wins for best station. Do any other coasters come close to that sweet castle? The ride itself isn't themed as well as, say, Montu.

for me, the worst themed coaster ive been on is Scream!. Ive only been on one other "parking lot" coaster. for those of you who dont know what that is, it is where a coaster is completly built in a parking lot, parking space lines included.

Wow...I have stayed up plenty of nights trying to figure out what the heck people were talking about when they mention a "parking lot coaster" But now since you ahve explained it to me I can rest assure...

But here is the mind boggler for you...what would the coaster be called if the parking space lines fade away!

best: katun, Montu, Crystal wings, Dueling Dragons, Black Mamba, hollywood dream...(will see )..........

someone has said Nemesis.... but nemesis's strenght is that it's fitted in the rock.... only the station is thematized... it looks like Air... changes only the general theme...

worst: two to equal merit....

Scream! and Superman la atraccion de acero.

'xcuse my english...