TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Changes to Dream Along with Mickey

I know, it's a thing about Dream Along with Mickey, the castle show. Who cares right? Well, it's actually something that can be pretty significant if continued. It seems, if this Google Video is to be believed, that Dream Along with Mickey has started showing off a new skill that Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald have learned. That skill would be moving their mouths when they talk and blinking. You have to check it out to see. Personally, I find this to be moderately creepy. It just doesn't seem right. What do y'all think?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I first read about this elsewhere online (can't remember if it was Screamscape or Miceage), and thought it sounded a bit creepy. But after seeing the video, I think it's OK (not as creepy as I expected).

EDIT--One dorky question springs to mind: What if some kid, after seeing this show, wants Mickey to "talk" to him later in the day (while getting his picture taken in Toontown, for instance)? Is there a "cover story" for this?

EDIT--One dorky question springs to mind: What if some kid, after seeing this show, wants Mickey to "talk" to him later in the day (while getting his picture taken in Toontown, for instance)? Is there a "cover story" for this?

That's a very good question. I'm sure it's something that has been thought of, though an answer has not been presented yet. Usually, in situations like that, it's the quickness and wit of the character handler who creates the answer the question. I know that they ran into problems with that with Lightning McQueen and Mater, for some reason. They don't talk, but they make noise and kids asked why they made noise but didn't talk to them.

I wonder if they can give that same technology to Tigger so he can wink and smile at all the little girls in WDW.

Ouch. Now that was a low blow. But it gets me to thinkin'. I wonder how the technology would work out with the other characters. So far, from what I've seen, the only Furs who can talk are fab 5: Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, and Goofy. I'm sure they're going to want to spread this out, especially for parade. Is everyone going to be able to talk? Would they spend the money on this for the holidays as well where more obscure ones like Brer Rabbit and Brer Bear speak?

^I'm looking forward to finally hearing the voice of Horace Horsecollar. At least this won't be an issue for Dopey or Pluto.

He can have a duet with Clarabelle Cow! They could do it on Pluto too. He barks on occasion.

You'll have to forgive me on this one. I can't view the video on the current computer I'm at, but is this the same type of technology that allows that Bear in the Big Blue House character to "speak" as well as it looks on tv?

Very similar. Just put that system on Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald in this case. With the mice, their faces look very rubbery, almost latex like. Outside that, they look pretty much exactly the same as before. Just speaking.

I haven't seen the show yet with the new talking heads, nor do I want to see the video since I can just see it live.

I think it'll help bring the characters to life. I don't think there should be much of a problem of kids wanting the characters to talk to them, they already ask enough, before these new heads. The attendant will probably just use the same excuse that the character is saving his voice for the show or cartoon.

I'd imagine more kids would wonder why Hook and Smee are face characters in the show but not for doing sets by Pirates. Then again, I'm sure they've handled that over in DLR since they used them for Fantasmic.

^ It does...which I think adds to the "creepy" factor that Jack was talking about, but I do think I actually like it!

I think having a stationary mouth and eyes is creepier. Just makes it seem much more like some creepy dude in a suit.

To quote A Christmas Story: "There could be anything in there!"