TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Off season hobbies

I searched for this topic and no topics meet your search criteria"so i apologise if this has come up. Exactly what the title says hobbies you do to get through the off season. I particularly have just gotten into model railroading and i do like it, I'm planing to start a real layout in a year or two.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I searched for this topic and no topics meet your search criteria"so i apologise if this has come up. Exactly what the title says hobbies you do to get through the off season. I particularly have just gotten into model railroading and i do like it, I'm planing to start a real layout in a year or two.

Im into model railroading aswell. I dont have any practice building terrain and stuff so at the moment Im working on a small railroad diorama. If Im happy with the result and my interest in trains remains I may start building standarized FREMO modules ( http://www.fremo.org/inhalt_e.htm ). There seems to be quite a few people building those in Norway at the moment...

This is Southern California. There is no off-season.

Seriously, I do have some non-coaster hobbies, believe it or not.

Photography, coin collecting, diabetes, cartooning, cars, and probably some other stuff that I can't think of right now.

Eric

Im into model railroading as well. I dont have any practice building terrain and stuff so at the moment Im working on a small railroad diorama. If Im happy with the result and my interest in trains remains I may start building standardized FREMO modules ( http://www.fremo.org/inhalt_e.htm ). There seems to be quite a few people building those in Norway at the moment...

Try this website, they make modules too and it seems to be extremely easy, and quite a bit more fun than those FREMO modules. Go to How to demos and select the top video and it will explain everything on how to use their Mod-U-Rail system. That is what i am going to use.

Well there's not really an off season over here in the south bay....most of our parks are open, so when I say of season I think more of the time I'm not at theme parks. here's what I do.....mostly.

Hang out with friends.

Go to school.....

Photography

Video games (Mostly Gears of War, or Wii)

Use the computer

Etc.

~Mike "No off season over here " J

i like to watch films, read books, rct3 (nearly completed for the third time), photography (getting ready for the open season!), TPR and other stuff... im thinking of tying to make an indoor all-season thrill ride venue... so far i have nothing though :\, so thaty wont ever come...

James 'only 22 days until open season!' Collins