TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Random Photo TR: Nicole scrapes off her car!

niiicolaaah

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Poor Nicole! I know what it is like to scrape off a sheet of ice off your car! I didn't have to do any scraping because my car was parked in a garage overnight!

However, my previous car was parked outside during the ice storm in 2003, and I did have to scrape off the ice from my car. Here's what happened:

Since I knew there was going to be an ice storm and I would have to scrape off the ice from my car, I brought the scraper inside the apartment the night before. My car had remote start, so I figured, "Start the car, warm it up and melt the ice, making it easier to scrape off." The next morning I started up the car and let it warm up a bit and allowing it to shut itself off after 5 minutes. The ice came off easy, and then I went to open the door. The door wouldn't open! I tried all the other doors and they all wouldn't open! I thought the doors were frozen shut! After 10 minutes of trying I realized something and looked inside. The door was still locked.

Hit the unlock button on the key fob and the door opened just fine. *Sigh...*

^ Are you kidding? I don't care if people are scraping ice off their cars in buffalo, im STILL freezing my butt off over here in SoCal.

Yeah, we realize that you Californians are weak. I always find it so funny when California, Texas or Florida get a few inches of snow and it totally shuts the state down.

A couple winters ago I remember an ice storm so bad that while scraping my windshield I had to tuck my feet behind the tire to keep from sliding down the driveway.

A couple winters ago I remember an ice storm so bad that while scraping my windshield I had to tuck my feet behind the tire to keep from sliding down the driveway.

Which begs the question, if you couldnt even keep your footing on your driveway, how was your car going to fair getting across it to the road? lol

Been there, done that. Had to scrape only twice so far this year in nothern Ohio. Just waiting for the big one. I believe its an El Nino year and its fairly typical to start out like this. Infact, the huge blizzard of like 78 or something (around here anyways) supposedly started just like this.

Just waiting. If we do get it, itll be bad.

^Wanna trade?

hah! we just about hit 30 degrees down here tonite. go fig... the temp dropped quickly in about two hours. i think our "flurries" are coming friday. hooray! ugh.... i just want a nice pleasant snowstorm so i can have the day off from work, gotta love that.

Which begs the question, if you couldnt even keep your footing on your driveway, how was your car going to fair getting across it to the road? lol

Slippery if I remember correctly.

I'm actually a very good winter driver though. I commuted for two years through the lake Huron snow belt. I got quite used to driving in conditions where I couldn't see the end of my hood. The highways I drove on for that commute would close very often, I quite often had to leave work early before they started to close.

So a little bit of ice or snow in town never really affects me. Though on bad days I stick to back roads to try and avoid the morons.

Doesn't matter how good of a driver you are if some other moron smashes into you.