TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best DDR Dance pad?

pkdcoaster

Me and my Wife wanted to try and lose weight together and this game seemed like a great way to lose a few pounds while having fun.

I am sure like any video game special controller there are some winners and many losers out there as far as quality dance pads.

So do you "Pro's" have any suggestions?

TIA, JEFF

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Do NOT get anything that looks like this:

1. Two buttons stopped working after 4 months

2. A button cracked when I started playing harder songs

The ones from RedOctane look good - I played on the soft mat at a friend's house and they are very responsive; you just need to know where the buttons are. I had been looking at their Afterburner for a while, but $250 for a dance pad is probably for people who are REALLY committed.

I suggest the $80 RedOctane Ignition Dancepad.

Thanks for the suggestions everybody, Yea I forgot to mention that I really did not want to pay alot of money

I actually really lucked out today.

I went to Kmart for DK Jungle Beat for $5 (Big VG Clearance) and I found a 2 pack of Digital labs pads for $20 and they had a copy of DDR Extreme 2 for $10 (it retails for $40 everywhere else) So we will see how they do tonight hopefully they are alright.

Thanks again everybody! (If these suck and we really like it I might spring for the official pads)

JEFF

Honestly, if your just going for the "Fitness" aspect of the pads, it doesn't really matter which one you use.

We have always just used the standard DDR pads that you can get in your local game store and never had a problem. Sure sometimes they will slip some, but get some of that velcro tape stuff and it sticks to your carpet pretty well.

The bad part is depending on how much you play (we play daily) you will have to replace the pads once every year or so. They just get worn out.