TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PTR: Jahan goes to Disneyland!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, there were no ground winds whatsoever. I have no clue between the relation of ground-winds and “winds at higher-elevations”, but I would think that there is some relation. But to be honest, I think Disney was so quick to call off the show due to how few people were actually out to watch them! Each show has to cost tens-of-thousands of dollars to put on, I’m sure. And if the point of a fireworks show is to keep people in the park during the night time, and nobody is still in the park at night time, then there’s no point for a fireworks show.

I think it's somewhat due to the higher you go the less there is to block the wind. So it's obviously going to be less windy on the ground then up in the air. I've been at Cedar Point during high winds and noticed a drastic change in wind when we got about 1/4 of the way up Power Tower.

Nice TR. Makes me look forward even more to March.

Great TR Jahan! I agree with you on the whole Suckin'... er... rockin' space mountain. The only reason I had fun on it was because I actualy was able to see the tracks. I've been waiting to ride that thing with the lights on forever. I think this is the closest I will ever get.

Sorry about the fireworks. Yeah, what's up with this cold snap. It was 90 degrees out early last week and I was running the AC. WTF. Anyway, it wasn't that cold. Your just a pussy!

I missed you by a couple of days. I was there Thursday with Don & Monica. Let me know when you go. I love hittin up the Mouse House.

As always, informative and insightful TR. You rock, for a pussy!

"I made this to make Jahan happy." (Wes41190)

I think Jahan might have been happier if you put her one seat back...

After spending five days at WDW back in October, I've felt sort of "Disneyed out," but after reading your GREAT report, Jahan, and the girls' report from their trip on Saturday, and the fact that I haven't been to any parks since I was in Florida, I think I'm starting to get the itch to go.

Eric

Wow! Thanks for all the responses guys! They're making me feel all warm and goey...a good feeling in this weather.

Yes Wally, on a Saturday!

1. Do you have any pics of the Dragon from Fantasmic?

2. is there any noticeable differences that came about from the Really long rehab of the Matterhorn?

1. Nope, sorry!

2. Nope, sorry! Really, the only change I could see was some fresh paint around the station area and the ride control panels have been updated. The bulk of the refurb work was infrastructure.

So Jahan, how deep is the water in Pirates again???

No clue!

What?!...I'm learning from my mistakes!

One question though... what happend to Big Thunder? Is down for the time being?

Nothing happened to Big Thunder. I didn't get any pictures from it, but it is totally operational and fun as always!

Jahan, does this picture get you all hot and bothered?

Sorry, I just saw the picture again and...I love you!

C'mon, you're telling me you don't understand that the park structures block most of the wind at ground level??

No, I know. I understand that. And I could see the flags blowing on the Castle, as well. But I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the lack of crowds was a contributing factor to the show's cancellation. And "behind this wall" they are building Midway Mania, the new attraction. I read it would be announced by the end of the month.

I made this to make Jahan happy.

Wes, I love you too!

Great TR! Does this mean WDW's Space Mountain is temporarily better than DL's due to the overlay?

Point for WDW! Woo-Hoo!

Reed. Friend. Buddy...just because ours is being changed every few months doesn't make up for your ride not being changed in 31 years. But, if it makes you happy, I'll give you that point.

Again, thanks for all of your kind comments! I wish I could give you all a big wet one....but then again, that would just be to get my 'slut test' score up!

-Jahan

Anyone know what they're doing behind this wall?

They are building a new dark ride named (for now) MIDWAY MANIA.

Rumors says that its going to be a super cool mix between Buzz Lightyear´s Astro Blasters and The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman (IOA). Now that sounds super cool!!!

They are also building it on WDW´s MGM where "Who wants to be a millionare" used to be.

But I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the lack of crowds was a contributing factor to the show's cancellation.

Spoken like a true former SFMM employee.

There are very strict guidelines set by Disney and by the Air Quality Management Board that pretty much amount to "play it super safe...or else!"

Thanks for the P:TR Jahan! Again, it is nice to get a level-headed honest report about the park! Glad that you enjoyed Screamin' so much! I hope that you have the opportunity to ride a train with better audio in the near future! Again thanks for paying attention to the details!

chuck

“Goodbye. So soon. Well isn’t this a crime. We know by now, that time knows how to fly!...”

Awesome "Great Mouse Detective" reference. I was having a bit of trouble at first, but for some reason I had the tune before the movie.

My God, man, 40 degrees?! A Californian like you could grow icicles at that temperature!

Dan "It's like Walt Disney all over again!" Smith

There are very strict guidelines set by Disney and by the Air Quality Management Board that pretty much amount to "play it super safe...or else!"

Very true. They don't want to be setting off fireworks in high winds and have them drifting too much.

The Canada Day before last they almost canceled the fireworks due to high winds. They actually set fire to the grass with their test shot. Where we were sitty the fireworks were going over our heads and blowing up behind us. I could feel the ask hitting my face, and sparks were landing around us. There were employee's with fire extingishers all around me putting out sparks. It was cool and scary at the same time.

They probably shouldn't have launched them, but this is just a small town University fireworks. I can't imagine Disney would want to risk launching fireworks over peoples heads. Not too mention the risk of fires.