TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Death @ Everland

I was something similar to one of these a long while ago, but it was much older and smaller. What a horrible way to die, and I agree she shouldn't have gotten up as the lap bars were coming down. It's a shame the employees couldn't catch her before starting the ride as well.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats kinda hard to believe... I've only been on one of the Vekoma MadHouse rides (Alton Towers) but it was incredibly tame and the actual vehicle only tipped to about 45degrees and it did that slowly or swung up.

Very sad but people have to have more respect for rides. Rides are heavy machinery and need to be respected as such. You have to stay on if you get on...

That is horrible. So if the article is true then the ride was stopped in the first 20 seconds.

Anyone that has ridden these can vouch that the ride doesen't get to spinng full tilt until a minute and a half or so. She must have really been trying to have fallen that early in the ride's cycle. Still, those platforms are huge and heavy, and it wouldn't take much at all to cripple you.

A similar incident happened with the carousel of progress at disneyland several years ago.

I wonder what kind of effect this will have locally after Lotte World has shut down due to safety concerns.

-Don

Mad House? Never even seen one! What exactly does it do? Just tilt left and right 45 degree's or so?

The ride platform that you're sitting on swings back and forth on a pendulum. Meanwhile the entire room is spun around you. Combining the two simulates being swung upside down.

It's a very cool, and very trippy ride. Your body tells you you're not upside down,but your mind is screaming at you telling you that yes you are upside down.

Mad House? Never even seen one! What exactly does it do? Just tilt left and right 45 degree's or so?

Its nowhere near 45 degrees!!! The lapbars doesnt hold you in your seat, they just prevent you from standing straight up. Ive been on one of those myself and you barely start sliding out of your seat. 45 degrees would feel pretty much like the lift on vekoma boomerangs.

I wonder If she knew the ride swung because usually the spinning is suppost to give people a suprise, if she did know she had no real reason to try and leave the ride.

Also if anyone doesnt get how it works heres a video that explains it

www.madhouse-guide.nl/?s=2&id=7

Its near the bottom

Edit: ^ It swings either 30 or 15 degrees depending on its size

Ohh, and i've just realised the link doesnt work but i'll leave it anyway if you want to know where it is

I was in that kind of ride at Walibi Belgium and I think there was a ride op inside the ride when the bars went down.

Anyway it is clear that security cams don't do the job of security or someone was too busy to look carefuly at the screens.

Poor kids, what a traumatic event for them. They will hate theme parks for ever now. I feel so sorry for the family.

Very unfortunate...

This kind of ride is actually quite cool. First and only time I've ridden one was at Six Flags Great Adventure--Houdini's Great Escape. My friend and I were the only ones on the ride and totally had no idea what to expect. Fun...