TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best Looking Park From A Distance

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first saw Cedar Point's skyline, I have to admit it was a spectacular moment. My family was laughing at me as I just stared!

I kind of like driving up to Darien Lake. There is no interstate exit or large town surrounding it. It's in the middle of miles and miles of nothing. You're just driving through all these trees and fields, Then suddenly ROS pops out from nowhere.

Kings Island. When you exit I-71 south at Kings Mills Road and you stop at the light you get a nice view of the Eiffel Tower, Drop Tower, Son of Beast lift and Diamondback. Another favorite view is as you pass the Warren County water tower while going on I-71 north and the park's high rides just pop up in the distance.

SFGAm as you approach the Grand Avenue exit from I-94 north with Raging Bull and American Eagle's helix.

SFStL is quite impressive when you exit off I-44 with the hill behind Screamin' Eagle.

SFMM is also very impressive from I-5.

I kind of like driving up to Darien Lake. There is no interstate exit or large town surrounding it. It's in the middle of miles and miles of nothing. You're just driving through all these trees and fields, Then suddenly ROS pops out from nowhere.

That's definitely true. First time I visited there, I had wondered if we had gotten lost. It's definitely in the middle of nowhere, but if you build it....

Of course Cedar Point is good from any angle around the pensula.

And SFDK looks good when you are exiting 37 after getting off I-80, it gives me major goosebumps seeing Medusa right there. And its really good seeing it from the parking lot (if leaving parking lot wasn't so bad it would be my most favorite lot).

But I would say the best view is of SFMM when your are going southbound on I-5. Just seeing all the big roller coasters in one shot sitting on top of the hill. It is a complete heart break having to drive down that road when you are not going to stop there.

There are three parks that stand out for me.

1. Six Flags Magic Mountain-Driving on the I-5 north, you go down a hill and the park suddenly comes into view at the bottom. It also looks good driving past or going the opposite direction.

2. Cedar Point-Anywhere on the mainland gives you a good view, but as you drive out to the park you really begin to realize how large the attractions really are. It's even better if you drive around the park once you are out there.

3. Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk-If you walk out along the cliffs north of the park it looks really great from a distance.

I can always remember my excitement travelling South on the I-5 towards SFMM. It is simply breathtaking. You then also get great views of X2 on the way in and Goliath, Colossus etc from the parking lot. It really builds up your excitement.

In the UK I love how in Blackpool the Big One towers over the whole town. That and the Tower itself gets you excited as you come along the M55.

Of course Alton Towers is the complete opposite and you don't know there are rides there until you are in the park.

As you approach the park on the highway, you start to see Acro, and now, you see Goliath towering on top of the hill, and eventually Mindbender, and Deja Vu, and Scorcher. It's a pretty sweet visual. Pretty intimidating to me.

That's my vote. It's cool because you come up over a hill on I-75(I think it's 75..) and boom, there's Goliath and Acro.

Worlds of Fun, I love how you can see it from miles away. When it first appeared in my vision, it was in the middle of a thunder storm and the park looked sooooo cool with lightning!

I like how Kemah Boardwalk appeared from no where and Boardwalk Bullet just looks so beautiful against the water!

Busch Gardens Africa also is kinda neat since it's pretty much in the middle of a neighborhood like Knott's.

Approaching SFGadv for the first time and not realizing how close we were until I saw KK poking up above the trees. Big moment for me.

p.s. yes, those are my hands on the wheel (in case anyone is into that sort of thing).

KK_trees.jpg.589eb41faa4e7a85dfaac3876067a268.jpg

Kinga Ka Above The Trees

Reading this topic made me want to go out this weekend and take this picture of SFMM (with the colossus spider). If you are familiar to the area around the park, this was taken from Newhall Ranch road, just north of I-5. I really like this view with the mountains in the background and just seeing all the rides on top of the hill. Also in this shot I count a total of 11 coasters. (soon to be 12)

SFMM.png.6acd5223791bb3cfcbc69242accf2af2.png

Six Flags Magic Mountain

Here are some of my favorites:

1323842308_TSFOT.jpg.15bafd562e41d14e6272ca68a025e800.jpg

Six Flags Over Texas Exiting from I-30. Gets you excited every time!

SFMM.jpg.b31d9e4acde95fc2892ad0598aad4aa9.jpg

Six Flags Magic Mountain on Southbound I-5 is nice too.

SFGAM.jpg.b975101d1f8875321abe143fd812e834.jpg

This is probably my favorite. SFGAm southbound on I-94. I loved seeing this for the first time.

Knotts.jpg.4e0e33eaf4c8b90c138ac73fdc02cea5.jpg

Knotts is pretty sweet from Beach Blvd.

busch.jpg.3ea551aa600d21ca71e567ef07e3cc16.jpg

But nothing is as good as Shikra from this guys front lawn!

• 6 months later...

I don't know why, but something that's always interested me were amusement park's skylines, how they look from the highway, parking lot, or seeing the rides poking out far in the distance from the buildings and treetops. Even road signs, or billboards advertising the park. I might even go as far to say that I find it as interesting as the actual park itself! Am I the only one?

I'd love to see what pictures you all have of park's from the outside, because I've wanted to see some for a long time (At least, in one place). The only pictures I have are Busch Gardens, because I'm usually too exited to even think about getting my camera out!

Yeah, I know what you mean. We just went down to Richmond Saturday for the NASCAR race and just as it always is, I start to get giddy going down I-95 and seeing the Eiffel Tower poking up through the trees. Panoramic pics like this look good as do nice aerial shots.