TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best Looking Park From A Distance

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say that SFOG has a great skyline. When you go over the hill on I-20, you can see Acrophobia's top. But when head down the hill, you see Goliath, Batman, Deja Vu, Ninja, Superman Ultimate Flight, Georgia Cyclne, and The Georgia Scorcher. SFMM is also pretty impressive.

Parque Warner - definately the most 'surprising' park. If you travel by train you travel through a ditch and when you get out you suddenly see the entire park with its awesome skyline.

I also agree. It's awsome to see Riddler's Revenge and then suddenly the whole park. It's the last thing you would expect in a desert

I'm going to sound crazy for saying this but one of them is SFA. I just like going down the highway and seeing Superman in the distance. Kings Domninion because of the Drop Zone and Volcano. Busch Gardens for Apollo and Alpengeist.

If having 17 roller coasters does any kind of good for Magic Mountain, it would be the park's jaw dropping skyline. It's more mesmerizing heading south past the park on Interstate-5.

Here's the best picture I could find of this view going down the I-5. It's small and not clear, but you can get an idea of how amazing the park's skyline looks from the freeway, especially with the beautiful mountain backdrop behind it.

Other parks that have great skylines as you approach them by car that I've seen are Cedar Point and Knott's Berry Farm.[/img]

I'd have to say:

Cedar Point: I Remember my second time there (1st time was when I was 10) it was May 16th, 2003. I rememeber waking up and looking out the car window thinking WTF? All I seen was Millennium Force's massive drops, bits of Mantis, Raptor, TTD, WT ect...I was in awe...and it only got better when we got closer....the closer we got, the more intimidated I became...until I rode the coasters.

Then i'd also sayt Geauga Lake: I remember I went for a family trip....we ended up leaving Pittsburgh super late beacuse my family is slow....when we reached Geauga Lake (though, then it was called Six Flags Ohio) It was 11pm...so we decide to get rooms at a hotel and start the advenutre tomorrow....when driving past the park...It looked stunning ....it was dark, but something was brightly lit...one of the wooden coasters I believe as well as other ride in the park was lit...so I could see Dominator's (then BKF) massive loop, then steel venom ect. I will admit, I was scared abit by some of the rides when we were actually in the park the next day until I rode them all.

I guess I will post a few pictures.

m71756594.jpg.d6a589313fd2645713a0a50e5375a511.jpg

GL from the beginning of the floating bridge.

m37495696.jpg.003f44a6695231c0dc208e5a0c71b7a5.jpg

Valleyfair! from the entrance to the parking lot.

m71756094.jpg.d71f2236e554b8a03d1fa8c35cbaeed0.jpg

Six Flags Great America from the beginning of the entrance to the parking lot.

m71756311.jpg.b1297a6fd5bb0b073b946f45d1ee8ef1.jpg

WoF from the entrance to the parking lot.

m71756402.jpg.234a624341b0fb38dc7e7f4484735d88.jpg

Worlds of Fun from the parking lot.

m71756493.jpg.57a02b20dd405f399c8c440fcc0e0bf9.jpg

The other side of GL from the beginning of the floating bridge.

Coming down the I-5 from the North SFMM looks pretty cool. Of course Cedar Point looks nice too.

If having 17 roller coasters does any kind of good for Magic Mountain, it would be the park's jaw dropping skyline. It's more mesmerizing heading south past the park on Interstate-5.

No arguments from me on this one, pic was taken from the I-5 heading South.

DSC00848.JPG.6271003eb0230553705a1d5ed15598de.JPG