TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Have You Ever Worked At An Amusement/Theme Park?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1986 Pianist for Ain't We Got Fun at Lusty Lil's at Cedar Point

1987 Pianist for Ain't We Got Fun at Lusty Lil's at Cedar Point

1988 Pianist for Country Sunshine at Frontier Theatre Cedar Point

1989 Pianist for Jumpin' at the Jukebox at Centennial Theatre at CP

1990 Pianist for Country Sunshine at Frontier Theatre Cedar Point

2000 Vocal Coach and Show Writer/Director at Cedar Point

1994-1997 Senior Area Supervisor (Vocal) at Busch Gardens VA

1999-2002 Vocal Coach for Universal Studios Orlando, FL

1999-2000 Organist at Circus McGurkus at Islands of Adventure

1999 Professor X at X-Men Street Show Islands of Adventure

2000-01 Vocal Coach for Universal Studios Japan Osaka

1999-present Pianist at Comedy Warehouse @ Pleasure Island at WDW

1999 Pianist for Miss Minnie's Country Christmas at MK

1999-2003 Organist for Candlelight Processional at EPCOT

2000 Keyboard Player for Cast in Bronze at EPCOT

2003-present Pianist at Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue at Pioneer Hall at Fort Wilderness WDW

2004-present Pianist at Adventurers Club @ Pleasure Island at WDW

2003-04 Pianist for Rico and Rosa's Musical Feast at the Waterfront at Sea World, Orlando, FL

2005-present Vocal Coach at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, FL

WHEW!!

JohnatCP86-2.jpg.205568d321802b0d95c07e4c7c1677c9.jpg

My first show at Cedar Point!

2002 - LoQ operations manager for SFOT, SFStL, SFAW and SFFT .. but SFAW and SFFT never came to fruitation, then went over to SF corportate

2002-2004 - Six Flags Inc, network engineer, system administration for corportate, did SFNO conversion and other crap

Paramounts Kings Island, 1995, 96, 97 and 98 seasons (only half of 98 season to due birth of my daughter) in the park information/season pass phone sales department. This is where I answered such questions as:

"Is there somewhere I can go to pray at sunset?"

"Are you located on an island?"

"Do I still have to pay to get in if I promise not to ride anything?"

"My daughter is there, her name is Becky and she is wearing a blue t-shirt. Could you have someone go find her?"

"Is it going to rain today? Do you know what time? What kind of rain will it be? Should I still come if it is raining?"

Shari "I am making a movie of dogs in humorous human situations. Could I bring them and have them ride the VORTEX?" Shoufler

In 1981 I was a ride op on the Wacky Soap Box Racers and also emceed the show at the little theater with the 180 degree screen that sat in the middle of the lake (Robb reminded me of the name a few weeks back, but my slippery old mind has forgotten it again) at Knott's Berry Farm.

Although it's not an amusement park per se, in 1982 I was on the construction crew that built what was known at that time as the Black Box addition to the Movieland Wax Museum. I don't know if that section or even the museum itself is even in existence anymore, but it used to be just a few blocks down from Knott's on Beach Blvd.

I worked at Hersheypark from 1979-1984, as a rides operator and rides supervisor. HP was not anything like it is now back then, in fact, in a book that someone published on the history of the park a few years back, the time I worked there was called "The Years Of Decay". Thankfully they decided to greatly expand and take much better care of the place, and make it one of the best parks in the US...

dt

I don't feel like driving 30 minutes to get to work, so I haven't worked at any park yet. I'd love to be a ride op though and interact with the riders, putting them for a good scare (such as unexpectedly launching an impulse or something during a count down or say "I can't get this to go" and wait a few seconds and launch the train). I would not want to do janitorial work though...I have a hard enough time cleaning up after a mess I've made.

I've worked at Universal Studios Orlando. I worked as a 3rd shift electronics technician. Believe me after working on and seeing the people who do work on these rides, I don't know if I would be quick to jump on one.

Dude, don't say that! As high tech as those rides are at USF, I'd hate to think some funkalicious dude works on these rides at night.

As for me, I worked at Busch Gardens, Tampa Bay from '91-'92 as a Level II Corn-Popping Technician (or the popcorn guy) from the area that spans Stanleyville to the Congo River Rapids area (back of the park). I made the bet 'corn in the park, it was yellow and fat inducing! I had people come back for seconds everytime.

I work for a bank now, but am heavily considering doing Howl-O-Scream this year as a seasonal "scarer". I've had people tell me its really fun, U can set your own schedule (to a point) and there's some pretty kewl perks! It also helps Halloween is my fav holiday.

I wish, just for a week, that I could work at a Disney park. In away, I wish I was still in the amusement park business. Except, when you work at a place you love, it usually kills the magic.

The truth hurts

^I guess im the acception of that, i work at the place i love and the magic is still there, how could you get tired of a view like that, and seeing new people all the time, and scaring the crap out of people.

I worked at Disney-MGM back in '89-90 at the Soundstage resturant and on the food wagons. This was before Rockin' Roller coaster, Tower of Terror, right when Star Tours opened.

Two of my close friends have worked there for about 10 years. One of them quit about a year ago, and the other works (I think) at Blizzard Beach in the HR (aka Personel) department.

I worked at Disneyland in Bear Country Foods (later to become Critter Country Foods) at Hungry Bear and Mile Long (Brer) bar from 1987 to 1998. As a matter of fact I met some really weird dude when I worked at the bar. His name was Robb and last I heard he was heading off to work on video games. Hmmm...I wonder whatever became of that guy?