TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Have You Ever Worked At An Amusement/Theme Park?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I worked for Six Flags Great Adventure in 1998. I was an attendant @ Batman & Robin: The CHILLER for it's premiere first full season. I was not too crazy for coasters until they shoved me onto Robin when I arrived. The thousands of volts must have shocked and changed my DNA because afterwards I became a coaster enthusiast. Batman is my favorite side though.

Worked at Disneyland from 1987 to 1992. And then if it counts I worked on and off for the Disney Studios Interactive division from 1993 to 1999.

In all my years with Disney, this is the product I'm probably most proud of having worked on:

Assuming that game is the same as the one for Super Nintendo, that is one of my all time favorite video games.

It's actually 100% different and about 150% better on Genesis.

3rd Season upcoming at The Great Escape, ive been lifeguarding there for the past 2 years, but i'm looking for a change of department.

And I hope to finally see you there!

-Dainan "How'd the video project come out?" Rafferty

great, you can see it on google video if you search for spring spin. You can see how much of your footage i used. Personally i hate the job i did on it, if i didnt have a deadline of about 3 days after i got the footage, i could have made something a lot better.

--Nate"I almost used all of it" Hill

North Warren Broadcast Journalism

great, you can see it on google video if you search for spring spin. You can see how much of your footage i used. Personally i hate the job i did on it, if i didnt have a deadline of about 3 days after i got the footage, i could have made something a lot better.

--Nate"I almost used all of it" Hill

North Warren Broadcast Journalism

Wow, you weren't kidding. great job. And no problem.

-Danan " " Rafferty

• 5 years later...

I haven't, but one of my buddies worked as a scare actor at Canobie for Screemfest one year. Said it was a pretty fun job overall (he was one of the chainsaw guys); outside of dealing with the occasional confrontational parent or belligerent drunk (he did get punched in the face by some guy on his last night there), he didn't have any issues. Pay wasn't spectacular, but he wasn't exactly expecting much anyways.

I always found it interesting how scareactors are paid very poorly, have terrible schedules and insane restrictions, yet it's one of the hardest jobs I've ever worked in a theme park!!!

Seriously, I'd like to see some of the park management successfully pull off being a good scareactor!

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

^On the flip side of that, if you are lucky enough to get in at a park that has their performers be part of a union (AGVA), it's one of the highest paid hourly jobs you can get at a theme park! However, I am not sure how many parks are unionized outside of Disney and Universal.

I know I worked at Haunt for 6 years and made minimum wage. But had a blast, despite the crazy hours and hard work.

Food and Beverage Attendant at Warner Bros Movie World (2007 - 2008 Summer and September 2011 - December 2011)

Food and Beverage Attendant at Dreamworld (2008 - 2009 Summer)

Attractions Presenter / Rides at Movie World (December 2011 - Current)

Currently trained on Road Runner Rollercoaster, Wild West Falls, Batwing Spaceshot, Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster and Kids Rides

Worked in the custodial deparment at the magic kingdom on the cp program for about seven months in 04. The job wasn't as bad as you would think because we were given much more freedom to roam around and you weren't pretty much chained to one place like some of the other departments. Cleaning up after other people is still a lousy way to spend a day but I did get a lot better at ping pong.

I'd probably work as a scare actor if I didn't have to worry about getting assaulted by some drunken douchebag

Oh, trust me, you have just as good of a chance to get assaulted by some drunken douchebag being a ride op or games attendant!