TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Snow in Southern California

RCFreak

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's funny! It hasn't even snowed in Pennsylvania yet this year. And I wouldn't mind if it didn't! As pretty as it looks, it stinks to drive in (not so much that I can't drive in it, but SUV Soccer Mom who can't drive to begin with suddenly thinks her SUV is more indestructible and able to track better, and then she plows into you on the road).

Well, there is an unusual thing in California right now. Pretty much, it's just getting hella cold outside. If we had the precipitation, it WOULD snow at sea level in most places. Maybe not in So Cal, but in San Francisco it's supposed to get below freezing, and in the inland valley (Where I am) it's supposed to get into the teens! Pretty darn cold! Too bad the precipitation missed us!

RCFreak, I would send those pictures into the news. Who knows, maybe they will put your pictures up on tv, and maybe you will get $50 out of the deal? I don't really know how that works, but people get payed to send in pictures of rare news!

^^

They're saying the snow level could drop tonight to 1200-1500' elevation. Disneyland is much closer to Sea Level.

SoCal isn't only beaches, bud...

Considering i live at about 200ft above sea level, and am a pretty good wats south of Redlands... Bleh, I'll probably never snow at my house.

Ohh but it hailed once when i was little!

And they talk about global warming!

Actually, I was talking to a co-worker who's pretty much ontop of things about global warming (he recommends us all to watch Inconvient Truth) and he was telling me that this global warming is actually throwing things off: giving us freak weather (like the coldness) and as said, offsetting things. I recall, a miserably hot summer (when I went to SFMW) and it remained spring/summer like through late October and November felt spring-like up to the Wii campout. Well, that was around here. Lastly, is Antarctica going through summer right now? Is 23 degrees (f) normal for that location?

And they talk about global warming!

Actually, I was talking to a co-worker who's pretty much ontop of things about global warming (he recommends us all to watch Inconvient Truth) and he was telling me that this global warming is actually throwing things off: giving us freak weather (like the coldness) and as said, offsetting things. I recall, a miserably hot summer (when I went to SFMW) and it remained spring/summer like through late October and November felt spring-like up to the Wii campout. Well, that was around here. Lastly, is Antarctica going through summer right now? Is 23 degrees (f) normal for that location?

Well I've lived in Valencia since I was born in 1988. It snowed at my house in 1989 but hasn't since. Now it was pretty close last night and it's about 30 degrees outside right now. It's said it snows about every 20 years in Valencia, it seems more like a cycle rather than freak weather if you ask me. Of course, it's just my opinion.

^^Yeah the orange thing is a big deal. They've been talking about it on the news a lot. They've been picking a crapload early this week, and now spraying and doing stuff to try and keep them from freezing.

I remember when Florida had a nasty freeze back in the mid 80's that killed pretty much every single orange tree that was north of Orlando. This is why you no longer see all those orange trees along the turnpike on your way to WDW...as well as all around the Citrus Tower.

Well, well, well...

Right now outside our place it's 18 degrees! It was 34 today. We are looking at the chance of freezing rian or snow showers Tuesday morning.

I hate this weather.

Then I see where it was freeking cold back in SoCal.

You know I don't remember Ventura getting that cold ever.

Looks like we might get back to some normal weather soon.

tendaytrend1.jpg.3d2343c695938b19ce8bbd613e810c3d.jpg

Look at Tuesday! Down right tropical!